Thursday, February 3, 2022

The Light of the World

One of the major themes in the Bible is that Jesus is the life: “I am the way, the truth, and the life”; “I came that they might have life”; “I am the resurrection and the life;”  "I am the Light of the world."


“I am the light of the world.” Light represents life and understanding, or the truth. He came to reveal the Father, and by so doing guide people in the way of righteousness.




The Word is the light that shines in darkness; but the darkness does not apprehend it--not without the grace of God.



Jesus said, "I am the light of the world, and in me there is no darkness."


"For God alone my soul waits in silence;
From Him comes my salvation.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
My defense and my strong tower; I will not be shaken or disheartened."


"My hope is from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation;
My fortress and my defense, I will not be shaken or discouraged."

"On God my salvation and my glory rest;
He is my rock of strength, my refuge is in God."

Psalm 62


(Scenes from my window during ice storm Landon.  Feb. 2022)

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN!
    What a lovely post and the photos are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good post. Very thought provoking. And I love the photos. How beautiful they are.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.