Wednesday, February 9, 2022

A Super Sweet Hodgepodge


Cincinnati had no idea when they drafted Joe Burrow from LSU that they would also get LSU fans from all over the country.  Joe is our boy!  He and Ja'Marr Chase, also an LSU boy have made a great duo this football season.

GEAUX BENGALS!

Now for today's questions from Joyce that may have more to do with RED than orange. 

1.  Besides the predictable name-rank serial number, what's something you know by heart?

The birthdates of my family, John 3:16, The Lord's Prayer, Psalm 23
but don't ask me the name of the person I just talked to.

2.  Something recently that had you tickled pink?

Tickled Pink

I received a call from the man who owns the shop where my most recent paintings are displayed.  He informed me that a good customer had come in and loved both of the paintings; however she didn't want to buy them.  What she wants instead is to commission me to paint something specific for her home.  This both frightens me and tickles me because she said "I love her style."  What she is yet to discover is that I have no painting style.

3.  How do you define the word romantic, and are you one?

What I am not is a "Sapiophile!"

(one whose romantic attraction to others is primarily based on intelligence)

I realize "romantic" means different things to people based perhaps on their love language.  To me it means words of affirmation and small gestures that simply say "I thought about you."  My Valentine is so good about bringing me fresh flowers because we both enjoy them.  He gladly does the grocery shopping.  He helps me make up the bed every morning.  He squeezes my hand and tells me he loves me every single night before we go to sleep.  He desires to please me.
This is romance to me at this stage in our life.

No, I am not particularly romantic but I do love romance.

4.  Finish this verse with your own original thought...'Roses are red, violets are blue...

"If I could choose anyone,
It would always be you."

5.  Five little things you are loving right now?

1.  I'm reading two different books at the same time and enjoying how the story in both overlap - "Meet Me in Monaco" and "Another Woman's Husband"

2.  The sun is shining brightly and there is still ice on the ground in spots

3.  I've lost 3 lbs so far and am getting back into a workout routine

4.  Our two great-grandboys are baking up a storm and all is going well with the moms

5.  Loving my hubby more every day - we met 57 years ago on Feb. 6

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

Do any of you remember when our churches used to have Sweetheart Banquets?

Evidently this particular one had an Hawaiian theme.  I remember making this dress, but I have no idea where we found Dick's shirt.  Yes, this was definitely from the 70's.

This was from the 90's with a 50's theme.

Another 50's themed Valentine Party in 2019.

By the way, that was Dick's HS Football jacket and his college ring I am wearing.
He's still my sweetheart!


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

6 comments:

  1. Love the pics of you and your sweetheart, Libby! Meet Me In Monaco is one of my favorite books. I just sent the audio to a sick friend. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyable post! Yea! for your painting, keep us posted on that. I have some real "jewels" of Sweetheart Banquet pics too. Those were the days. Blessings abundant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are just the cutest! Congratulations on a long and happy marriage. I have managed to find a way around my blog commenting issue. Not sure it's a long term fix but it's working now lol. I have a call in with one of my girls to sort it out for me going forward. Have a great week! I can't wait to see your painting...hope the client doesn't mind you sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh...fun photos from past Valentine's banquets. We are going to one at our church this Friday night with the Roaring 20's theme and a mystery to solve. Should be fun. Maybe I'll even post a photo next week. How fun that someone 'likes your style' and wants to commission a painting. Happy Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL about not asking who you just talked to! That is exciting about ordering a painting but I can totally understand your concerns. Let's pray it all turns out perfect for you and her. I love how you finished Roses are Red. Love the things you're loving right now and way to go on the 3 pounds. Love your photos from the church parties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed your answers, and loved your photos. That's so awesome about your paintings!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.