Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving Hodgepodge

Can you believe we are only one week away from Thanksgiving Day?  Gracious, where are the days going!  And then, it's Christmas and then a new year and we start all over again, wondering where the time goes.

Let's just be grateful for another day and give thanks to the One who gives them to us.

We will not have the Hodgepodge next week, but please hop over to From This Side of the Pond to participate in this week's blog and catch up with Joyce.

1.  It's often said we should be grateful for small blessings.  What is one small blessing you are feeling especially grateful for today?

Our home and village.  As I walked around in our little village before daylight this morning, I loved seeing warm glows from inside some of the homes knowing they were also early risers, and then total darkness in those whose owners prefer sleeping in.  The only other person out that early happened to be a friend, and our only greeting while passing was, "Hey, see you at dinner tonight."  Yes, God knew what He was doing when He led us here, and for that assurance, I am most grateful.

2.  How do you feel about leftovers, not just on Thanksgiving but after any meal?  Favorite thing to make/eat using your Thanksgiving leftovers?

We wouldn't know what to do without leftovers.  Thankfully, neither of us have a problem eating foods again and sometimes again.

As we take several of the items on the Thanksgiving menu, which is hosted by our daughter and her family, we normally divide what is left over among the attendees.  Therefore, there is usually not enough to re-make leftovers.

3.  Sherwin Williams unveiled it's 2022 Color of the Year-Evergreen Fog.  Are you a fan?


As a whole, I am not a big fan of grays - I find them too cool; however, I do kind of like the green tones added to this gray.

Would I find this mid-tone gray green shade anywhere in your house?

No, you wouldn't

Does your house need painting?  Inside or out?  What one space is most in need of a paint job? 

There are spots that could use a touch-up, such as the pantry and utility room.  The garage desperately needs a heavy coat.  The outside of our houses here are maintained by the HOA, so thankfully we don't have to worry about that.

 Are you a do-it-yourselfer or do you hire a professional?

Most small jobs, we are capable of taking care of, unless it involves a ladder, then the pros are called.  Anything big, will always be someone else's job.

4.  What is one aspect of the way you were parented that you are grateful for today?

Learning to think for myself and solve problems.  However, the main thing for which I am most grateful, is the example our parents lived before us of a life of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.  There was never a doubt of Who had first place in their life and because of that, we knew nothing but unconditional love.

5.  Write an acrostic for the word - thankful

Thanksgiving brings
Happiness 
And we
Notice acts of 
Kindness and blessings that
Fill our thoughts and hearts
Until we overflow with
Love for others

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

As we will not be meeting next week, let me wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving and time of reflection and being grateful for the many blessings God has bestowed during this year. 


Happy Thanksgiving

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! Your acrostic is excellent! I misread two of the questions and corrected one but my acrostic is for Thanksgiving. I'm not good at them as it is and then I made it even longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely acrostic. I've enjoyed reading everyone's answers to that question today. Happy Thanksgiving to you! Enjoy time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy your answers. I'm really enjoying everyones acrostics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving! I enjoyed reading your answers and your acrostic is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I just realized I forgot to answer the DIY aspect of the paint question. I painted 3 rooms in my other house but I'd prefer not to. My son wants to paint his room and I am procrastinating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your community is a lovely blessing for you. I understand the ladder. I'm trying to get Mark to stop using one! That is beautiful how your parents raised you. My parents were wonderful Christians and we attended church but the word was never spoken in our home. I like your acrostic. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.