Wednesday, August 25, 2021

School Days on the Hodgepodge

Joining Joyce for this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. Is school back in session where you live?


School is back in session in Plano, TX.  This young lady began her 9th grade year this week.

Is everyone in person or does your system still offer a virtual option?

I'm sure there are some opt-in Zoom classes, but thankfully, Granddaughter #1, Chandler isn't having to do that this year.  She is so excited to teach her Kindergarteners face-to-face, which is how it should be.

Are kids wearing masks?

    Texas Governor Abbott lifted the school mask mandate last week, so masks are optional.

2. Something you still do 'old school'? 

Other than washing a few dishes by hand rather than putting them in the dishwasher, and having a perfectly mitered corner on my made beds, I can't think of a single thing I do that would be considered "Old School."

3. One lesson you've learned in the 'school of life'?


 That I'm still trying to figure it all out!

4. When you were in school did you pack a lunch or buy a lunch?

We ate whatever was prepared in the school cafeteria.

 Your favorite thing to see on the lunch menu or inside your lunchbox back in the day?

Every Friday we had fish sticks because I lived in a Catholic community, and that was the prescribed Friday diet.  We didn't often get them at home, so it was a weekly treat.

 
5. August is National Family Fun Month. Tell me something fun you’ve done this month. 

It has actually been a fun-filled month.  We've had personal granddaughter time; Facetime with both Indiana granddaughters; eating out with friends; entertaining neighbors; going to estate sales in Dallas; painting two new pictures; spending time with delightful young women from our church; going to an art gallery; Dick had a highly successful cataract surgery; and I gave my first ever campaign speech for a position on our HOA Board.  So, I would say we have celebrated National Family Fun Month pretty well.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

On Thursday, I decided it was time to get the paints out and see if I could create anything I wanted to complete my somewhat empty living room wall.

This is what I came up with.

Into The Woods

Secret Garden

And yes, they are hung.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

8 comments:

  1. Your paintings are lovely! Actually I think we should go back to some of the old school ways. The newer stuff isn't working out so well. Always enjoy visiting with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fish sticks...I don't remember them from school, but we'd have them at camp sometimes. My mom never bought them, so it was something very different for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our school's served fish on Friday, too. Your paintings are so lovely. Your August is one for the books! Happy Hodgepodge to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Secret Garden is my favorite. I love it!! I haven't had a fish stick since I was a kid but I used to love them too. Hope you have a wonderful rest of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our grade school had fish stick Friday too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray on school being back in session and teachers are back teaching. That's interesting about the mask. Pray that goes well for the kids. I love your paintings and it sounds like a great month with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SOunds like a fun month. Your photos are pretty. I remember eating fish sticks at school too. It's fun how everyones answers bring back a memory I forgot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your Secret Garden piece. I can't believe how quickly you completely these. Amazing! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.