Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Another August Wednesday Hodgepodge

We are deep into the middle of August and these Wednesdays just keep rolling around.  If it's Wednesday, then it must be time for some Hodgepodge.  Thank you Joyce for keeping us on track.


One Brag Moment!

This past weekend the North Texas Performing Arts held their annual award night.  Ava Grace was nominated for three awards, but they can only receive one.


She received the "Outstanding Performer" award.  We are so very proud of this 14 year old who gives her all in whatever she does.  We can't wait to see her play the role of "Little Red" in the September production of "Into the Woods."


1. Monday, August 16th was National Roller Coaster Day. Are you a fan? Did you celebrate? Last place/time you rode a roller coaster?


Oh that would be one of the very last things I would celebrate, along with national roach or rat day.  I am not a fan of any of the previously mentioned.  The last time I rode a roller coaster would have been at Silver Dollar City in Branson, many years ago when we took our grandchildren.


2. Tell us about a time in your life where it felt like you were figuratively riding a roller coaster. 


I feel that I am on a figurative roller coaster right now.  A blogger I follow wrote the following today and it so expresses my feelings as well.


"In the context of the fall of Afghanistan, what role should America have played in defending those who were likely to become victims of the Taliban without our support? Are we to be the 'policemen of the world'?"


My heart breaks as I think of the atrocities that these people are and will experience.  What is our role as a country at this point, now that decisions have already been made and forces are already at work?  Do we have an obligation at this point or the resources to carry it out?


The only thing that I'm not ambiguous about is that we as Christians must pray for God's intervention, protection, and that His Holy Spirit will bring visions and conviction to the Afghan leaders that their hearts will be changed.


3. Favorite treat to eat at an amusement park or state fair?


I am not normally a hotdog eater, and the last one I had was at the Texas State Fair a few years back.  Load it with Texas chili and lots of cheese and it is memorable.

4. Are you easy to get along with? Elaborate.


Perhaps you should ask someone else this question as I'm a bit biased.

I think my husband would say "Yes, as long one agrees with her and let's her have her way!"


I do try to get along with people, although I do not do it at any cost.  I am really not a pleaser and can be strong willed and assertive.  That is why all I do must be done as unto Christ and under the leadership of the Holy Spirit.  A constant challenge.

 

5. Something on your calendar to see-do-read-accomplish or just enjoy before month's end?

I fullfilled a goal this past weekend and you can see all about it

HERE - "Arts, Artists and More Art"


Another thing I hope to do is paint something.  I need to finish the wall composition around our TV screen.  It's like a big black dot on the wall, and it is a constant irritation to me.


6. Insert your own random thought here. 


Two of my Dallas granddaughters, Cassidy and Ava Grace are starting a new Instagram business called candles_n_cups.  


They have searched estate sales for beautiful vintage cups and saucers, then selected a fragrance, or theme appropriate to the design and made their own candles in them.


It is such a great idea and would be a perfect hostess gift or something to dress up your own personal space.

I so love their creativity.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

6 comments:

  1. The hotdog with texas chili and cheese looks awesome. Now I'm craving a chili cheese dog! I know you are so proud of those granddaughters!! I went back and looked at your post about the art - beautiful art!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Libby, I cracked up on your answer about roller coasters. Also chuckling about your answer to #4. Congrats to your granddaughter! Happy Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to hot dogs, but that chili dog looks good

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hotdogs but haven't had one in years. That looks so good! These are challenging times for sure and it's hard to know what is right in terms of 'policing' the world. I do think the door to terror has been reopened and that is troubling. Not that it was ever closed, but it felt like we had our foot at least blocking the door a little. My son-in-law will likely be deployed and that is hard to think about right now. So much goes on that is not reported by our very biased media. I am thankful that while this world brings troubles we can rest in the knowledge God is sovereign and none of what is happening is a surprise to Him. I am enjoying seeing your artwork! Have a restful wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel exactly the same way about roaches, rats and roller coasters! Your hotdog looks like a local favorite we have here called a Michigan (we live in NY, I have no idea why they call it a Michigan) and it's one of our favorite ways to eat hotdogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The middle east thing is indeed a mess; while on the one hand I feel like countries who can help, should, there's the problem of having been there for years to train soldiers who clearly did not learn. So yes, I don't have a true answer and it is painful, especially knowing how the people will go back to treating women so horribly.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.