Wednesday, August 11, 2021

It's All In The Family

Thank you Joyce for taking time out from your sweet family to give us some  family questions to ponder this week.


1. What's something you would say 'runs in your family'?

The travel bug

2. A book, song, tv show, or movie you love that is centered around family. 


I am still working my way through "Heartland," and it is all about family for sure.  In fact, an ever expanding one.  I'm not sure the way they deal with issues is to be emulated, but I am learning the art of being patient.

3. Family matters, family ties, family tree, family man, family fortune, black sheep of the family, family values, one big happy family...choose a 'family phrase' that applies to your life currently and explain. 

I am currently working on my mother's side of the family tree.  I learned there was erroneous information out on my grandfather that needed to be corrected.  That led to compiling an accurate historical picture of who he really was.  I used old newspaper clippings from as far back as 1909 and numerous others from the early 1900's as well as stories shared and passed down.  These paint a much different picture and one that truly tells the legacy of this man of faith, who died much too early.

4. Last thing you fixed for a big family dinner? If you're not the cook, last thing you were served at a big family dinner?

We don't have many big family dinners.  The last time we were with our daughter and her family, we had an assortment of salads.  This is an easy and delicious way to entertain. 

5. What are three words you would use to describe your family. 

Spending Eternity Together

6. Insert your own random thought here.

I attended the memorial service of my dear cousin Jackie last week.  It was such a sweet service and so very appropriate  for her.


We renewed our friendship several years ago and have remained in touch ever since, even though we lived a distance apart.


Jackie was known for her sweet nature and giving spirit.  One of the things the minister said about her was, "Jackie relished her role as a servant of Christ and her fellow man.  All of us were touched in some way by the generosity of her time, her love, and her talents."


I personally witnessed her servant heart, love, and generosity in many ways through the years, but especially when she offered to share her wedding dress with me exactly one year after her wedding.  That was nearly 57 and 56 anniversaries ago.

"So when tomorrow starts without me
Don't think we're far apart
For every time you think of me
I'm right here in your heart."
David M. Romano


We had Ava Grace for the weekend.


She informed us that her summer quest to find the best hamburger had been accomplished with this huge "Walk-On's" loaded burger.  And yes, she ate the whole thing!  She was even game for trying some fried alligator.  Love this girl!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

9 comments:

  1. Libby, such a beautiful tribute to your cousin Jackie. Sweet story about the wedding dress. She truly was a loving and caring person who lived for Christ. Ava Grace is such a pretty young lady! Wow, that's a big burger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't family just the best and then to know we will be together for eternity is such a blessing. Love the picture of your granddaughter and the hamburger!! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about your cousin. How sweet that you wore her dress . . .and it was a beautiful dress! Your granddaughter's smile is amazing. I know you had so much fun hanging out with her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely legacy to leave behind. I'm sorry for your loss. I am sure you enjoyed your granddaughter...did you have one of those big burgers too? I love a hamburger in the summer, but we've only grilled them one time this year I think. Hope you're staying cool and having a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful answer to #5. That's the best hope we have. That hamburger looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Ava Grace!!! Such a cutie! What a lovely tribute to your cousin, something we all can hope for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My youngest daughter loves heartland. It is a good show. So sorry about your cousin. Loss is so hard. I wold love to someday work on a family tree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your three words for your family. Good for you working on the family tree. So sorry to hear about your cousin Jackie. ((Hugs)) Love the quote your shared. I have never heard of their burgers but it sure does look good. No thank you on the alligator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have so enjoyed your Blog and look forward to reading it. I love seeing pictures of your family (especially the Harbison's) as I have been a friend of Sandra Harbison since we moved to Texas 20 years ago. You are a very talented, beautiful lady inside and out and are an inspiration to many. Thank you for such good postings for us to enjoy. I know we will meet in "Eternity" one day if not before.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.