Wednesday, May 5, 2021

May Day Hodgepodge



Joining up with Joyce from From This Side of the Pond for this week's Hodgepodge questions.  I think the theme 'MAY' have something to do with May.




1. What's something you 'may' do this month? 

We 'may' finally get our Texas drivers license.  We had to make an appointment right after we moved, but weren't able to get in until May 25th.  Can you believe that?  Hoping there won't be a test!

2. Last time you literally or figuratively shouted mayday!




There was a time or two on a jeep ride in the Ozark Mountains last weekend, that I felt like shouting "MAYDAY!"


3. Let the chips fall where they may, come what maymaybe, Cape Maymayflies, devil may care, you may now kiss the bride,  much to our dismaymayhem, mayonnaise...choose a 'may' word or phrase from the list and tell us how it relates to your life in some way right now. 



Definitely "You may now kiss the bride."  I will be telling you all about our nephew's wedding last weekend in Thursday's blog post.


4. If someone were serving you breakfast in bed this weekend, what would you like to see on the menu?


Breakfast happens to be my favorite meal of the day although with intermittent fasting, the kind of breakfast I prefer doesn't happen very often, if at all.  But, since you have given me permission to dream, this is what I would start with.



Last year, dear friends hosted us for a weekend, and this was on the breakfast menu - a Banana Split, yogurt, granola fruit bowl.


That would be the first course, then the main dish would be scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon and a side of pancakes with lots and lots of maple syrup.  And for good measure, there could also be a biscuit covered with sausage gravy.


Does this explain why I do intermittent fasting?


5. Tell me one true thing you believe about motherhood. 


It is the greatest thing that could happen until you become a grandmother.


6. Insert your own random thought here. 




Our HOA requires that we clean the window tracks in our home at least every two years.  It is a huge and time consuming ordeal but thankfully, it isn't messy and all the windows will be clean both inside and out.


On Monday, the Senior Adult Choir at our church, the Platinum Singers, had their end-of-year luncheon and party.  As part of the entertainment, one of the ladies gave a demonstration on how to dress a chicken.  It was hilarious!




She said the one thing she forgot was the diaper to have kept her chickee modest.


Don't forget to check back tomorrow for the wedding and scenery reveal.



Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

8 comments:

  1. How to dress a chicken...hilarious! My oldest daughter and her husband moved to Texas, first living in Plano, a few years ago but I don't remember how the driver's license process worked. I would be interested if you did a post on the intermittent fasting you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the dumbest question of the day. We have an HOA in our neighborhood and they have to approve architecture, landscaping, paint colors, etc. As far as I know they have no jurisdiction over the inside of my house. Reading about your windows - does your HOA also govern the inside of your home? Now, on to the funny part - I'm laughing just looking at the chicken pictures!! I can't wait to read about and see pictures of the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Yes, I see why you would do IF; that's a big breakfast! But also one I would go to town on if I weren't also IF and keto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the banana split breakfast idea. I like just a bite of pancakes but find them too heavy to eat as a main. Hubs often orders them and I get a bite. I prefer waffles which seem lighter, but french toast is my favorite. I would not turn down a biscuit with gravy either. It is rare I have any of the above-lol. Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful backdrop for your nephew's wedding. It would be fun to make yogurt banana splits for breakfast sometime. Fun. Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The yogurt banana splits sound fun!

    Reading your answers I see we have more in common....I do intermittent fasting also. We had to schedule my son's DL text in advance last year and thankfully he was able to do it on his birthday. THere were a lot of waiting lists. We have looked at visiting the Ozark Mountains for vacation.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck at the DMV. Oh wow on the jeep ride!! They look like a sweet couple. Congratulations to them. Your luncheon party looks like it was fun.
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.