Wednesday, May 19, 2021

A Random Hodgepodge


From this Side of the Pond

This is the day we get to answer questions posed by Joyce


1. Realist, idealist, optimist, pessimist...which one are you?  Elaborate.


A realist probably best describes me; however, because I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior and know how all this reality ends, I can be very optimistic about what lies ahead.


2. What's something currently on your wish list? 


For our proposal to add a little patio to the side of our house to be approved.  All outdoor things like this have to be approved by the Architectural Committee of our village.  I happen to be one of the three members, but will not be voting on this one unfortunately.


3. Three things on this week's shopping list? 


Almond milk, fresh flowers and fresh veggies


4. According to Trip Advisor here's a list of the top ten things to do in the US this summer-

Chicago Architecture River CruiseSkip the Line Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Tour, New York In A Day  guided sightseeing tour, Charleston's Old South Historic Horse and Carriage tourGrand Canyon helicopter tourFull day iconic sights of LA, Beverly Hills, Beaches and more, D.C. at Dusk guided night tour, Beneath the Streets Underground History tour (Seattle)New Orleans Swamp and Bayou Boat tour, Gangsters and Ghosts tour in Chicago...read more about each excursion in the link here. 

Of the ten attractions listed which do you find most appealing? Have you already experienced anything on this list? 


I have done the following:  Charleston's Old South Historic Horse and Carriage tour and the Grand Canyon helicopter tour.  Both were wonderful and I highly recommend them.  They are obviously extremely different - one is relaxing, the other thrilling.


The other adventure listed that I have not taken literally is the New Orleans Swamp and Bayou Boat tour.  However, I grew up in the Bayou and Swamp country in Louisiana.  There were bayous all around us, and my dad and I fished in some.  We have driven through many of the south Louisiana swamp lands and spent a year in the deep swamp lands of Houma, La, near New Orleans.  So, I'm thinking this may qualify as a yes.

The one other thing I would like to do is the Chicago Architecture River Cruise


5. Besides home and work where do you spend the most time? 


Lately its been the plant nursery.  But home is where my time is spent and where I most want to be.


6. Insert your own random thought here. 


I received an email advertisement from a town where I used to live and a boutique I actually shopped in a few times.  In the past, they have catered to mostly adult professional women who could afford to shop there.  I really couldn't afford to buy much to be truthful but did like their clothes at the time.

But, I couldn't believe the clothing line they are now advertising and wondered if you as an adult woman/lady would purchase any from this selection.

1

2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
Note rips and holes!  Is this really a fashion statement?  In this particular garment, I'm wondering if the holes actually represent musket fire - as in Revolutionary War.

10

11
Last but not least, you can have these pants for a mere $475.


The line is Magnolia Pearl and based in Fredericksburg, Texas, if you are interested.  I do really like the building and find the decor perfectly suited for that part of the country.  I just wonder how many cowgirl locals are buying the clothes though.


Go Here for views inside.


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

9 comments:

  1. Nope, I wouldn't purchase any of the clothing from this boutique. I was able to finally plant some flowers on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get that look. Maybe I'm old lol. The Chicago river cruise is wonderful and I recommend it if you're in that city. I hope you get your patio approved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No . . .none of those outfits would be at home in my closet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your answer to the first one was perfect! Exactly true for us! I hope your patio is approved, too. I bet it will be. And, no, not even one of those outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope! I wouldn't wear any of those clothes. I look forward to seeing pictures of your patio once it's approved and built.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Fredrickburg! Not so much those 'fashions' ...LOL. It's getting mighty warm down here, and almond milk sounds good. I like putting frozen coffee cubes in mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I chose the New Orleans swamp boat ride too. I think it would be fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your patio gets approved. I'm glad you picked Chicago. It's a beautiful city. We bought some garden plants yesterday. I wouldn't buy the clothes for myself but I love them!!! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.