Wednesday, January 20, 2021

At the End of the Rainbow

For all of you Instagramers, let me encourage you to look up and follow

@curated_by_christy

This is a new venture my daughter is starting.  She is finding some really beautiful and unique pieces and selling them.  These are only a couple examples.



Check out her account on Instagram and give her a Follow!

Now to the topic of the day!
This will be an interesting Hodgepodge to participate in today.  How would you answer the following questions?  Hop over to Joyce's blog


to see how others answered.

1. What's something we'd find you doing most afternoons?

Until just the past couple of days, you would have found me unpacking boxes, or deciding where an accessory item or picture or dish or seasonings were to go.  Now that those things are pretty much decided and taken care of, I will need to create a whole new routine.  I have a feeling it will involve the sunroom, my glider sofa and a book.

2. Who do you take after? In what way(s)? 

I think I am a general mixture of both parents.  My dad used to tell me I favored his aunt whom I never knew.  My mother thought I might take after her grandmother's small features.  Personality wise, I am most like my dad - more introverted than out-going; more introspective and contemplative; comfortable in our own skin; and a love for writing and studying God's Word came from both of them.  I did not however inherit my dad's intelligence and perfect memory.  Both my parents passed on a legacy of living by faith, joy and hope and loving unconditionally.

3. 'After every storm comes a rainbow' or 'the calm before the storm'...which phrase do you relate to more right now? Tell us why? 

It would definitely be the rainbow!  As to why, check my blog from yesterday.

God's Big Winks

4.What are your plans for the day after tomorrow? 

As I am writing this on Tuesday, that would be Thursday.  We are having good friends who moved to this area ahead of us, Margaret and Ric, for lunch.  We haven't seen them in a while and look forward to catching up and sharing our new home with them.  At 5 PM we will watch our granddaughter, Ava Grace play a basketball game.  Oh the joys of living close to family.

The day after the day you are reading this will be Friday and we are looking forward to having dinner with one of our dearest friends, Sarabeth and her family.  She is visiting from Louisiana and we are so excited to see her again.

5. Complete this sentence - "After all is said and done__although we will be facing some dark and scary days ahead, as new policies are enforced and freedoms threatened, and we may not recognize America as we have known it, God is still in control.  "He is the light of the world and in Him there is no darkness"_."

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

This morning we reinstated our routine of going to the gym.  Our church has a very large and well equipped fitness center.  It was early enough that there were few people around and I was able to walk inside around the outer circumference of the main building on all three levels.  That meant a lot stairs which may not be the best idea.  For the time being, I will be content with staying on the ground floor to get my steps and miles in.  I then joined Dick in the gym for upper body and resistance workouts.  Again, we are so grateful for the convenience of this amazing church and the opportunities it provides.

Source


This view is inside the enormous sanctuary.


Next week I will begin showing you some scenes from our house.  In the meantime, "count it all joy"!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

8 comments:

  1. Libby,

    We are on the same page with #5 that God is in control. Amen! I enjoyed reading your responses and perhaps when you find the time you'd stop by with a cup of coffee to see what I'm sharing on Curious as a Cathy. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to #5. I didn't know you moved but I am off now to read your previous posts. I followed Christy on Instagram although I don't post anything I just follow ;)
    Your sunroom and chair sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I worry about some new policies that will threaten the way of life we know but hopefully people will see reason. I can put up with 4 years of stupidity as long as the pendulum swings back around. Good answers; happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you had me at sunroom and glider sofa!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one large sanctuary. How is it getting out on Sundays after church? Is the traffic crazy? I always wonder about that with these mega churches. I'm so glad you're enjoying your nearby family. I am hoping to have that one of these days too. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you two are just about settled and getting back to your "normal" routines. That is so good and I am so happy for you. I have gone and followed Christy's new venture. I'm seldom on Instagram but I'll try to check it out more. I know y'all will enjoy seeing Sarabeth. What a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Putting belongings away in a new house is always a challenge. Eventually you will feel happy with everything. Hope your lunch went well and enjoy the game!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent answer to #5! He will be forever on the throne!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.