Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge

It's Wednesday, so it's time for the Hodgepodge.  Click on Joyce's link Here
to see how she and others answered the following questions.


1. Have you done more binge watching this past year than in 'normal' years? Any plans to break that habit in 2021? Tell us one or two shows you binged last year that you really liked. 

I am not much of a TV watcher and have never binged on any show.  We have started watching the series "The Last Kingdom" because Dick had read the books and our son recommended it.  We only watch one of the movies at night when we don't have anything better to do.  Like watching our granddaughter play basketball.

2. January 26th is Australia Day. Have you ever visited or lived in Australia? Have you ever tasted Vegemite, and if so what did you think?  Is a trip down under on your bucket list? We answered a question about travel three months ago (the October 21st Hodgepodge), but let's revisit now...where are you when it comes to planning or even imagining travel this year? 


I have neither visited nor lived in Australia, and we don't have any plans to go.  It really has never been on my bucket list.  Interesting you should ask about taking a trip as we be flying to Northern Indiana next Wednesday to visit our family there for a couple weeks. We have not and will not allow this "situation" to keep us from doing the things we enjoy.  We act responsibly, and have chosen to live our lives to the fullest.


3. Something that zaps your energy? Something that energizes you? 


Being around some people zaps my energy.  I know it sounds anti-social, and to some degree it is.  But certain personality types and voice pitch will drain me faster than anything.  It is so interesting in our family the ones who share this trait and those who's energy source is being with people - and the more the better.  I have two granddaughters who thrive on being with their "people."  There are others of us who take people in small doses.  Amazingly, we all get along, admire, and appreciate each other quite well.

What energizes me is being with my family, walking, Bible Study and anticipating something in the future

4. On a scale of 1-10 what are your eating habits like these days? (1=all junk food all the time and 10= juicing every green thing in the frig) Healthiest meal you've eaten in the last week or so? 


During our packing and moving, we ate very little.  We both lost over 10 lbs.  Since getting settled and in a routine, we still are only eating one or two meals a day.  We try to make these as healthy as possible by having a protein and low carbs; however, we did enjoy pizza with our granddaughter the other night.


5. What's your most often 'Back in my day....' thing to say? 


"Life was so different!"


6. Insert your own random thought here. 


Our church has a Pregnancy Center ministry and I have felt led to get involved.  It is such a crucial time in our country.  I feel that those who believe that life begins with conception and all are created equal in God's image, need to do everything we can to save lives.  That includes praying.  Every day, I get a notice to pray for the 19 or so women who are scheduled to come into the clinic.  This is ministry in itself and something anyone can do.  Pray that they choose life.


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

5 comments:

  1. During our move, I lost a couple of lbs, but I have gained them back. So now it's time (not to move again!) to be more intentional.
    Enjoy your time in Indiana! (wave at me--I'm one state to the east)
    I'm glad you are volunteering with the Pregnancy Center! Prayers first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libby... if I had The Fortunate Ones in hard cover, I would drop it off for you. Unfortunately, I listened to it on audible. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an excellent point of some people zapping your energy! For some reason we have been eating only 2 meals a day too. I use to eat three, Mark never did. I love your random.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I volunteered some in a center in NJ, mostly clerical tasks that needed doing. I so agree now is the time. I also like to donate to centers that provide ultrasounds for women considering terminating as that has been shown to be one of the biggest factors in a person changing their mind. I like people but I also need space. Hubs could be all people all the time, but has learned to appreciate some space during this pandemic. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to be able to travel to see your family. We're under "Stay at home" orders at the moment. I totally understand about people zapping your energy. I love it when our extended family gets together but it can be a bit overwhelming too.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.