Monday, January 25, 2021

House Reveal

I have been eager to share our new home in Plano with you.

There is no doubt that God had a plan in bringing us here and providing this home for us.  We are so glad He did because our plan would have been so much less than what He provided.


The Village at Prestonwood is a coveted gated community for folks 55 and over.  It consists of independent buildings made up of four units and a combination of floor plans.  These houses are usually already committed before they ever come on the market.  It is rare for them to be on the market.  God had a plan!


Uncharacteristically, our house had been on the market for a week when we found it.  God had it waiting for us.

This design is the Canterbury which has 1737 sq ft with three bedrooms, two baths, an open floor plan and an abundance of natural light.


The lady who had this unit built did some customizing that are not in most of the homes.  One of those major changes was to eliminate one of the bedrooms and leave it open to accommodate her grand piano.

BEFORE


The area to the left is the piano room and the guest bedroom suite can be seen through the double doors.


Living Room and Sunroom on right


Sunroom

AFTER

The small entry provides a nice welcome to all who enter.


The small credenza I used in the foyer of our precious house, was perfect for this limited space.  I delight in keeping fresh flowers in one of my favorite white pottery pitchers. 


We replaced our old sofa and added a new chair and table as well.  We feared our large rug would not fit or at the least overpower, but it ended up anchoring the space beautifully.




From here, I will take you into what has become our favorite room.





The morning sunshine in this room is spectacular.  Dick and I delight in spending our early mornings in this room sharing our devotional time and a cup of coffee and tea.


The sign on top is the theme of this room.


You may be surprised, if you know me, that these shelves are so full.  I am usually a minimalist when it comes to shelf composition.  Not this time.  I wanted to fill them with things I love and want to see and enjoy.  The old pitcher was my mothers and probably my grandmothers that was used when I was a child for brewing tea.  It sits on a series of books written by a former co-worker and friend.  Both of the pictures have special meaning.


The upper shelf contains an exquisite piece of counted cross-stitch done by my daughter back in 1990.  In front of it are pieces that belonged to a favorite aunt.  The bowl on top of the books is an Italian antique passed on by a dear friend many years ago.


The handmade, dated vase was purchased while in Greece in 1973.  There are family pictures and books I've made of various family events.  The lower shelf contains two of my pitchers from my collection, and an olive jar that goes with the two on the very top of the unit.


We decided this was the perfect place for one of my brighter paintings.  It reflects the morning light and colors so beautifully.  It also adds a sense of peace and calm.


From my comfy glider sofa, this is the view into the living room.


Next time, I will take you into the rest of the house.


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

8 comments:

  1. Libby, your place is just as beautiful as I knew it would be! Thank you for letting us have a peek into your lovely new home. All your special touches, and items that make you happy, obviously bring you so much joy. God has indeed abundantly blessed you and Dick by providing this wonderful place! I look forward to the rest of the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to the rest of the tour. I loved hearing the background of some of your pieces on the bookshelves!! You home is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I love everything about your new house but most especially all the windows. We so enjoy all ours (except for cleaning or seeing that they are cleaned). I'm so happy for you both and pray the Lord will give y'all many happy years there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Libby, your new home looks fabulous. I love your attention to detail! It's no wonder you are so happy here in the great state of Texas! Enjoy your week - the weather is supposed to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Libby, your house reveal is beautiful. It is always a treat to see what friends have done with their homes. You have a lovely sense of gracious class in your decor. Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos. I look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautify! Looking forward to touring in person!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a nice size house. Just what I need. I love that your on the end, that's perfect. It looks perfect to me. God is good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I so enjoyed my tour, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.