She Works Hard for the Money (1983)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
PS: I never really liked this song and was not a big fan of Donna Summer, but I will play along today.
My first job was gift wrapping during the Christmas holidays at a very exclusive department store. I was a freshman in high school in 1959 and the standards at this particular store were extremely high. The lady in charge of us young wrappers was so demanding and she gave me a really hard time. I went home crying every day. I daily questioned whether the small amount of money I made was worth it. But, she taught me well and I was a very confident gift wrapper the next year.
2) The lyrics tell us she has worked at this job for 28 years. What's the longest you stayed with one employer?
I was employed by the Morehouse Parish School Board for 25 years.
The lady who colors my hair.
4) Early in her career, Donna was in the touring company of the musical Hair. It played in Munich for so long that she became fluent in German. What's the longest you have ever lived away from home?
One year while attending college.
I am more like the daughter and Hubby is exactly like the father.
6) A little more than 10% of the American workforce is self-employed. Have you ever been your own boss?
Only in my own home, and even that is questionable.
7) Labor Day weekend may offer a golden opportunity for napping and sleeping in. Do you snore?
Not usually or that I am told.
8) Will you be attending a Labor Day picnic or barbecue?
I will be spending the latter part of the day with my sister and we may go to her son's for dinner. That's still yet to be determined.
9) Labor Day traditionally marks the beginning of the fall. Will you be adding any new fall clothes to your wardrobe?
I already have and you can find some of them on my Monday blog posts. For example: