Welcome to a glorious spring at my house.
This was before the now renowned hail storm of 2018
Now, join us for the
1. Three things on your spring bucket list? If you don't have an actual list that's fine, pretend you do.
I do not have a bucket list but so far the month of May has taken care of itself. And it includes a whole bunch more than just three things.
- The final weekend in April our two oldest granddaughters are coming for the weekend. YIPPEE!
- Early on Monday April 30, Dick and I leave for northern Georgia where we will visit friends who have just moved there from Texas.
- Wednesday, May 2 we will begin the drive toward northern Indiana with sightseeing and a night over in the Smokey Mountains along the way.
- Thursday, arrive in Granger, IN
- Saturday we will go to Chicago to watch Jackson play Rugby (and yes, it will be cold and windy)
- Sunday we will go in the opposite direction back to Trine University to see Savannah play an indoor (Yea!) soccer game.
- The next weekend will find us back in Chicago for Rugby.
- We leave Indiana on May 14 and will stay overnight in Little Rock, AR for a dental appt. the next morning, then home.
- On May 17 we will drive to Austin, Tx for our #2 Granddaughter's graduation from UT, (Hook um horn's Cassidy) returning home on Saturday the 19th.
- Sunday, I will drive to south Louisiana for a visit with friends and sisters and for a doctor appt in Baton Rouge, returning home on the 23rd.
- This event is not nailed down for obvious reasons, but I have a high school reunion scheduled for Saturday the 26th in Central Louisiana. And that's just May.
So, who needs a bucket list when life takes over.
2. Where do you find rest? What restores your soul? When was the last time you did whatever it was you answered here?
I am an outdoor person and have always found my "rest" enjoying a natural setting. As a child that was always by myself in the woods somewhere; as a young adult I would often get in the car and just ride. Today, I find my times of rest in my home. There really is no place I would rather be to restore my soul. With our new screened in porch, that is where you will find me when it's time to chill or just spend time with my Hubby while we both "rest." And that would be daily.
3. April is National Celery Month. Who knew? Do you like celery? What's your favorite dish made with celery? On a veggie and dip platter which would you reach for first-carrot sticks, celery sticks, cucumbers or cherry tomatoes?
I am not a huge fan of celery, but it is about the only thing I will take from a veggie tray. I prefer eating my celery with hummus, pimento and cheese, chicken salad or cut fine in a green salad.
4. I read here eight things to do before 8 am to make your day less hectic-Start one load of laundry, drink water, empty the dishwasher, read your Bible, know what you're having for dinner, get dressed, brain dump (two lists-one what you're thankful for and one what's weighing on your mind), and after the brain dump make your to-list for the day
How many of these are you currently doing? Which one do you think would help the most if you added it to your early morning routine?
The only thing I'm doing before 8 am is working out. So, I guess I can include getting dressed and drinking water as the only productive things I do. I'm not a list maker but I do spend time while exercising thinking about the day ahead and things for which I am grateful. I also pray as concerns come to mind.
5. Describe the view from your window.
I am currently in our office and the window to my back looks out on the front yard and house across the street. It is another gorgeous day in the neighborhood.
Dick and I made a grocery store run this morning after the gym. This is just a sampling of the fresh veggies and fruits we brought home.
On Friday, I will show you some ways of using these bowls full of goodness in a way other than eating. You may find it interesting.