Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Signs of a Busy Spring

Welcome to a glorious spring at my house.


This was before the now renowned hail storm of 2018





Now, join us for the

From this Side of the Pond

1. Three things on your spring bucket list? If you don't have an actual list that's fine, pretend you do.

I do not have a bucket list but so far the month of May has taken care of itself.  And it includes a whole bunch more than just three things.


  • The final weekend in April our two oldest granddaughters are coming for the weekend.  YIPPEE!
  • Early on Monday April 30, Dick and I leave for northern Georgia where we will visit friends who have just moved there from Texas.
  • Wednesday, May 2 we will begin the drive toward northern Indiana with sightseeing and a night over in the Smokey Mountains along the way.
  • Thursday, arrive in Granger, IN
  • Saturday we will go to Chicago to watch Jackson play Rugby (and yes, it will be cold and windy)
  • Sunday we will go in the opposite direction back to Trine University to see Savannah play an indoor (Yea!) soccer game.
  • The next weekend will find us back in Chicago for Rugby.
  • We leave Indiana on May 14 and will stay overnight in Little Rock, AR for a dental appt. the next morning, then home.
  • On May 17 we will drive to Austin, Tx for our #2 Granddaughter's graduation from UT, (Hook um horn's Cassidy) returning home on Saturday the 19th.
  • Sunday, I will drive to south Louisiana for a visit with friends and sisters and for a doctor appt in Baton Rouge, returning home on the 23rd.
  • This event is not nailed down for obvious reasons, but I have a high school reunion scheduled for Saturday the 26th in Central Louisiana.  And that's just May.

So, who needs a bucket list when life takes over.


2. Where do you find rest? What restores your soul? When was the last time you did whatever it was you answered here?

I am an outdoor person and have always found my "rest" enjoying a natural setting.  As a child that was always by myself in the woods somewhere; as a young adult I would often get in the car and just ride.  Today, I find my times of rest in my home.  There really is no place I would rather be to restore my soul.  With our new screened in porch, that is where you will find me when it's time to chill or just spend time with my Hubby while we both "rest."  And that would be daily.



3. April is National Celery Month. Who knew? Do you like celery? What's your favorite dish made with celery? On a veggie and dip platter which would you reach for first-carrot sticks, celery sticks, cucumbers or cherry tomatoes? 

I am not a huge fan of celery, but it is about the only thing I will take from a veggie tray.  I prefer eating my celery with hummus, pimento and cheese, chicken salad or cut fine in a green salad.



4. I read here eight things to do before 8 am to make your day less hectic-Start one load of laundry, drink water, empty the dishwasher, read your Bible, know what you're having for dinner, get dressed, brain dump (two lists-one what you're thankful for and one what's weighing on your mind), and after the brain dump make your to-list for the day

How many of these are you currently doing? Which one do you think would help the most if you added it to your early morning routine?

The only thing I'm doing before 8 am is working out.  So, I guess I can include getting dressed and drinking water as the only productive things I do.  I'm not a list maker but I do spend time while exercising thinking about the day ahead and things for which I am grateful.  I also pray as concerns come to mind.


5. Describe the view from your window.

I am currently in our office and the window to my back looks out on the front yard and house across the street.  It is another gorgeous day in the neighborhood.



6. Insert your own random thought here.

Dick and I made a grocery store run this morning after the gym.  This is just a sampling of the fresh veggies and fruits we brought home.

On Friday, I will show you some ways of using these bowls full of goodness in a way other than eating.  You may find it interesting.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

10 comments:

  1. You have some busy days ahead! I just got back from Austin. The first day was in the 80's and second in low 60's. Safe travels, dear Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you do have a busy May planned. Your azaleas are just stunning. I heard about hail storms in different places and there was actually a tornado that touched down in Greensboro, which is about 20 miles from me. It devastated a whole neighborhood and 3 schools and killed one. Spring storms in the south can be so scary! That is some beautiful fruit you have there. :) Enjoy the rest of your week, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your May looks absolutely wonderful! What great things in store for you. Your photos are stunning and the produce is lovely. I guess the Smoky Mountains would be on a bucket list for me. The one time we got to visit was when DH had a stroke. We hadn't even unpacked our suitcases before we had to leave. I enjoyed your answers today, but especially your flowers and that cardinal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your May sounds like our May! I try not to think too much about it all at once, but just one day at a time. Or one houseguest at a time : ) It's all good and will be really enjoyable but it is full. Enjoy all your travels! Your azaelas are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm tired just reading about your May. My goodness, a whole lot of fun packed in it for sure! That's quite a bowl of fruit and veggies. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our Houston azaleas have been the most beautiful ever! The entire city is bursting forth and is so green it looks like Ireland. As you know, there is a group of us going to the Amalfi Coast at the end of May. I can hardly wait, I'm like a little kid !!! LOVE you !

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a busy and fun May!! I cannot wait to see what you do with your fruits and veggies on Friday! I think I'll follow you just so I can find out plus I need a new friend or two :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you certainly have a long list. It all sounds very exciting....enjoy! Working out is awesome. I tend to be on my computer for a few hours before I start my day. That's something I need to change. I just love buying fruits and vegetables. No more chips and useless food for us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your number one exhausted me, but it doesn't take much these days, HA!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun (and lovely, of course) blog you've crafted! Color me, your newest groupie. Hook 'm horns, indeed!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.