Wednesday, March 8, 2017

It's a Perfectly Perfect Wednesday


Today is Wednesday Hodgepodge #300!

I am so glad I was introduced to Joyce and this group of ladies who participate every Wednesday, a few years ago.  They are some of the most interesting and inspirational women I have had the privilege of "knowing."  If you would like to meet some of them, then go to

Thank you Joyce for coming up with 2,100 questions to stretch our minds and inspire the recalling of long neglected memories.

Love this new pretty button!!

1. What is one area of your life where you're a perfectionist? Is that a good thing?

I think the area of my life where I most tend to be a perfectionist is the way I make up my bed.  No wrinkles and there must be mitered corners and an evenly folded header.  Our son and DIL gave us some very expensive and wonderful sheets for Christmas.  But, they drive me crazy because they slide all over the place and it is impossible to make up a neat bed.  This has become a daily exercise in patience and giving up on my extremely high standard.

I am also very particular about how my clothes/linens are folded and placed on the shelf or drawer.  All towels and sheets must be placed in the same direction and corners matching.  My undies are all folded exact and stacked according to color.  I am a perfectionist when it comes to symmetry.  I'm sure Dick could think of other things that drive him crazy, but these are the main things I owe to my upbringing in Laura's house.

Yes, it is a very good thing because it makes me happy and doesn't adversely affect anyone.

2. What's something you find perfectly ridiculous?

My yesterday's blog was a spoof on some perfectly ridiculous fashion suggestions.  You might agree!

3. What's a skill you've developed by way of that old fashioned saying, 'practice makes perfect?

There is very little if anything that I do perfectly and the few things that I think I may do well seem so trivial.  For instance, who cares that my panties are organized to perfection?  Sure, the people I encounter on the highway appreciate that I am a very good driver, but I am yet to be stopped and commended for this skill.  Since there is nothing of any consequence that I do perfectly, nor am likely to ever achieve that goal, I will just continue doing what I enjoy without any pressure.

4. What's your idea of a perfect breakfast?

First of all, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.  This perfect meal would be prepared by someone else and served at my linen covered table with a broad expansive view of the morning outside.  The meal would consist of scrambled eggs, 1 biscuit with white sausage gravy, bacon, a bowl of buttered grits, and one maple syrup-drowned pancake on the side.  There would also be a glass of whole milk.
Disclaimer!  I save this perfect breakfast for very rare special occasions.  Today, my perfect breakfast is a bowl of grapefruit and vanilla yogurt topped with granola that I prepared for myself.

5. What's a trip, holiday, vacation, or day outing you've taken that you'd rate a perfect 10? Tell us why.

Oh, there have been so many!  I think I will select our New Years trip to Dallas where we saw our grandson play in the Cotton Bowl and all our family was together.  Any time all of us are together has to be a perfect 10!  I covered this trip on my blog HERE!

6. What quote or saying perfectly sums up your life right now? If you can't do perfect, how about one that comes close?

I love this little poem from my childhood and it becomes more meaningful every day.  I love my little house and am so perfectly content being in it every day and especially today because it is rainy and cool outside.  All the big windows "make friends with the rain" here.

"Song for a Little House"

I'm glad our house is a little house,
Not too tall not too wide;
I'm glad the hovering butterflies
Feel free to come inside.

Our little house is a friendly house,
It is not shy or vain;
It gossips with the talking trees,
And makes friends with the rain.

And quick leaves cast a shimmer of green
Against our whited walls,
And in the phlox the courteous bees
Are paying duty calls.

7. How would you spend $300 today?

I would give it to the "Annie Armstrong Mission Offering".  In Southern Baptist Churches across our country, this is an offering taken this time of year every year for evangelism across our country.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

This weekend we will be going to Dallas to see our 10 year old granddaughter play the part of orphan Tessie in the children's musical "Annie."
 Her mom sent this yesterday before "Tessie" left for her dress rehearsal before the performances begin on Thursday.  Isn't she a cutie?
They needed pictures that could be used in the program books so Christy had some professionally made.  How she selected three from the 60 options I will never know.  I couldn't do it but did agree with her choices.  These show her sweet and vivacious personality pretty well.
Be prepared to hear a little more about this weekend in the future.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

8 comments:

  1. What a fun experience for your granddaughter. Those are sweet photos of her. :) Our daughters (both adults now) are involved in the theatre, too. What fun memories!

    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grits are definitely an important part of any breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love some gravy and biscuits...my mom's were the BEST! Wishing your little granddaughter a great performance...brag all you want!:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, if there were ratings today for a perfect blog, I would give yours an over the top 10! I enjoyed every answer, chuckled at some, and want to have breakfast at your little house. I am going to check out the play. Not sure what plans our kids have this weekend, but will see. Your granddaughter is beautiful. I had to laugh about the sheets. At 16, I babysat and did light housekeeping for a friend of my parents. My dad taught me about making those sheets tight enough to flip a quarter on. I did, and the lady's overnight guest broke his toenail getting under the covers! That was pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Socks and sandals are an absolute no-no, if you ask me! Your breakfast sounds delicious. Your granddaughter is so cute. I bet she'll do great as Tessie. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I SOOOO enjoyed your answers today. I do have to laugh at your description of bed making. We all have our little things don't we? lol And your breakfast sounds sooo good and I have to agree, it is my favorite meal of the day too. How fun for your grand daughter. My daughter did a little theater growing up too and honestly they were some of the funnest times. ALL of your grand daughters are soo beautiful. Looking forward to hearing about this play. Oh, and now I am off to see your previous post. Missed it somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a feeling that "Tessie" is going to steal the show. What a darling. Enjoy your weekend in the Big D!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, your granddaughter is adorable! How fun! My girls were in many shows, and my hubs and I still say those top any Broadway production we've seen so far! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.