Joining Joyce for
1. What does retirement mean to you? Are you planning for it, not thinking about it, looking forward to it, or dreading it?
Hubby and I retired at the same time, May 2011 and it has been wonderful. I say I am living my dream. After working outside the home for almost 35 years, I was more than ready to retire and so was Hubby. Although Hubby is still involved in real estate and goes to the office every day, I love being at home and able to do whatever my heart desires. Haven't missed work one single second!!!
2. It's International Guitar Month...do you play? Does anyone in your family play? What's a song you especially like to hear played on the guitar or a favorite song featuring the guitar?
Neither I nor anyone else in our family plays the guitar. I do enjoy a classical guitar and Malaguene would have to be my favorite song.
Purple Hull Peas
4. What's one activity or area of your life where you absolutely never procrastinate?
I don't think there is such a thing.
5. Who does the grocery shopping in your house? Does your local store bag the groceries for you or is it a do-it-yourself kind of place? Do you like someone packing your groceries?
Hubby is the main shopper because he enjoys it and I don't. However, this morning we both took a different store and divided the list. Both stores are pretty much do-it-yourself kind of places. I do NOT like the self-checkout counters. Let me repeat that! I do NOT like the self-checkout counters. I much prefer pushing my little buggy up to the cashier and letting him/her take it from there.
6. What's the coolest thing you've seen in nature?
There are so many. Hummingbirds buzzing near my face; dove parents taking turns sitting on the eggs, then bringing food and carefully feeding their young; a sunset that looks like a fireball above the horizon; a sunrise made up of every imaginable shade of yellow, orange and red; an eagle soaring in the distance; majestic redwood trees, etc. etc. etc.
7. Share a favorite quote about home.
"Home, a place your feet may leave but your heart will always be."
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This is one of the benefits of being retired!