After a much needed break, we are glad to be back with Joyce for another
Reading and piddling in my house
2. What's something in your life that's grown by leaps and bounds in recent days, weeks, months, or years? I'm giving you lots of room to come up with an answer here, so no fair passing on this one.
I'm afraid it is aches and pains. I hate to sound old and negative but since turning 70 a couple years ago, my body seems to have gone into rebellion. I sadly told Hubby yesterday on our way to the gym for our morning workout, that the days of waking up pain free seem to be a distant memory. But, I'm still waking up and still getting up and still moving, so for that I am grateful. Plus, I still remember mine and his names!
3. Do you read reviews about a film before deciding if you'll see it? Did you watch The Oscars this year, and if so your thoughts on the program? How many of the Best Picture nominees had you seen prior to the broadcast? (Spotlight, The Martian, The Big Short, The Revenant, Mad Max: Fury Road, Room, and Brooklyn) If you watched The Oscars who gets your award for 'best dressed'?
We will read a review before seeing a movie we aren't sure about, but I am going to have to go with "N/A" for the rest. Believe it or not, but I haven't even seen a review of the best and worst dresses this year, and no clue who won or lost. My heart/interests/want-to was not on the Oscars this year.
4. When did you last have overnight houseguests? Give us your top three tips on being a good houseguest.
A dear friend since 1969 and her son stayed with us while in the area for a funeral a few weeks ago. I might add, they were perfect houseguests.
1. Be respectful of the host's schedule
2. Offer to take dirty laundry to utility room
3. Leave nothing behind
5. March 2nd is Peanut Butter Lover's Day. Will you be celebrating? If so, would you prefer a home made peanut butter cookie, a Reese's peanut butter cup, an old fashioned peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or shall I just hand you a jar and a tablespoon?
Jar and spoon please! Seriously, I love PB and eat some almost every day. My favorite would be an old fashioned peanut butter and jelly sandwich. BUT, the PB and jelly must be mixed together well and then spread on the bread. None of this spreading separately! That doesn't even qualify. If you are really feeling adventurous, then top the mixture off with sliced banana.
6. Why is failure important? Or isn't it?
Without some failures, how would we be able to delight in successes?
See answer below, plus a few additional things on my schedule.
12th: Celebrating the wedding of a precious young couple
16th: Meeting a long-time, special friend for lunch and shopping
30th: Meeting my sisters for a sister weekend.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Tomorrow I will be going out to Dallas to stay with our 9-year old granddaughter for a week. Her parents are getting a very well deserved trip away and I get the honor of keeping this adorable child.
It doesn't happen often so I am really looking forward to the next few days.
While in Dallas I plan to visit my oldest-living cousin who lives there. I am looking forward to seeing some museums, open houses, shopping, lunch with friends and that is just while AG is in school.
She and I will find some fun things to do together around her ball practices and games. I look forward to reading books with her and playing table games. She is so full of life that there will not be a dull moment at all.
There may or may not be time for Hodgepodging next week, but rest assured there will be plenty to blog about afterward.