Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Hope, Easter, and Advice from an 8 Year Old

So happy to be joining all the ladies for
1. This coming weekend is Palm Sunday, which marks the beginning of Holy Week. Do you celebrate Easter in your home? What was your favorite Easter tradition as a child?

We celebrate Easter through joint worship and beautiful music of praise to the God of Easter.

I never loved the Easter Egg Hunt tradition, but participated as all little kids were expected to do.  I think the most favorite tradition would have been wearing the new dresses our mother always made for us and getting new shoes.  For many years when we were small enough to wear pretty little white socks, Mom would embroider matching flowers on the little cuff.

2. George Weinberg is quoted as saying, 'Hope never abandons you, you abandon it.' Agree or disagree? Share your own thoughts on the word hope.
  For the Christian, Christ Jesus is our hope (1 Tim. 1:1) so therefore, I am the only one who can move away from hope; He never changes.

3. Weigh in with a yay or nay on the traditional Easter candies. A solid milk chocolate bunny? Cadbury Creme Eggs? Peeps? Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs? Jellybeans? Coconut Cream Eggs? Of the candies listed, which one would you most like to find in your Easter basket?

Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs

4. When did you last feel 'like a kid in a candy store'?

I guess it would have to be last weekend when I spent several hours with my daughter and her girls.  Such a sweet time that I wasn't ready to end!

5. What's something you know you do differently than most people? Does that bother you? Does it bother other people?

I think my contentment and desire to be alone.  It certainly doesn't bother me and I'm not sure whether it actually bothers others or not.  Hubby understands this and his need to be around people works well with my personality.  We have learned to adapt for each other and I think we compliment each other in this respect.

6. Palm Springs CA, Palm Beach FL, or the PALMetto State...of the three mentioned, which sunny spot would you most like to visit right now? Which have you visited at one time or another?

We were in north west South Carolina last August and have visited various other parts of the Palmetto State.  So much to see and do there.  But, I think I will choose Palm Springs CA to visit right now.

7. If you could change the length of a day would you lengthen it or shorten it? Tell us why.

I don't think I would change it at all.  24 Hours is good enough regardless of the alternating time changes.

8.  Insert your own random thought here. 

I wanted to share with you a funny time with my youngest granddaughter this past weekend.
Ava Grace is 8 years old and the youngest of four sisters.  There are 10 years between her and the youngest sisters, so in many respects she has characteristics like the first born and yet the privileges of the youngest.  All that to say, she is bossy, mentally quick, precocious, confident, and very knowledgeable of things beyond her years.
At her oldest sisters bridal shower this past weekend, the hostess provided cards for answering two questions which they are going to use to compile a scrapbook for the couple.
 Sitting on the sofa across the room with her grandmothers,
Ava Grace asked me what the cards were for so I explained that they were to give advice to the couple.  I asked her, "What advice would you give them for working out their first fight?"

Without batting an eye, she confidently responded,
"Do what Sissybo says!"

Of course Sissybo is her big sister and somehow Ava Grace inherently knew the best answer.  Where did she learn that?

Having solved that issue, I said, "Okay, with that taken care of, what advice do you have for a date night for them?"

Again, without hesitation she said,
"Tell Brad to take Sissybo out for dinner at a nice place, look her in the eye, tell her he loves her, kiss her, then eat!"

You just have to love the simplistic, literal, cut-to-the-chase mind of a child.

I have a feeling these will be the most practical and perhaps implemented advice in the scrapbook.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

7 comments:

  1. We are similar here, in that I need a little space on a regular basis, and hubs needs his peeps : ) I love the bride's dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to #2! Your granddaughters are so beautiful and I love Ava Grace's dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning! Well first of all, IF you should ever travel to Palm Springs be sure to let me know and hubby and I could pop over for a quick visit...only about an hour away. And then love the answers of the youngest...wise beyond her years for sure. And I was going to say (like the others!) I LOVE the brides dress! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must be a little different, because I wouldn't mind if days were at least twice as long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little granddaughter has it all figured out, doesn't she? Wise beyond her years! That last photo is precious! I, too, love my time alone. Everyone seems to worry that it bothers me, but I relish in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too said it was the dress and shoes for Easter. I wonder if little girls still get excited about that! I'm with you too on Reese's PB Cups. Your youngest granddaughter is adorable and I love her answers to the questions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is AG cute or what?? How precious!

    Just love all the shower pics and the good time had by all. With all those girls, it will be the first of many. That means the first of many dresses you will "get" to buy.

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.