Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Marching Into the Hodgepodge

Welcome to my Hubby's favorite blog - 
The reason I know it's his favorite is because he answered that in his interview last week.
That blog post can be seen HERE
Now, lets get to it!
1. 'In like a lion, out like a lamb'...does the first part of this saying describing March weather ring true where you live? 

In like a lion as we are due another round of winter precipitation tomorrow night.  It is most unusual for us to see "Winter Storm Advisory" on the Weather.com app on our phones.  But, we've seen it numerous times this year.  Hopefully, this will be the last one.

2. March 4th is National Grammar Day. What common grammatical error bothers you the most? 
 
Your instead of you're.  There are more, but since you made the word "error" singular and not plural, I will answer accordingly.

3. William Arthur Ward says- 'The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.' Which one are you?

I'm a realist.  It is what it is so get over it!  Deal with it!  Make it work! 

4. What's something you need to 'march forth and conquer' this month?

Getting a dress for two weddings.  My granddaughter's wedding is the most demanding though.  I've just got to get serious about finding that just-right one.  I think this whole topic is going to be blog post in near future.  Stay tuned.

5. An ongoing debate around here...do you dust first, then vacuum or vacuum first, then dust? Of the two routine household chores, which do you dislike the least? How's that for wording?
 
In my house we dust first then vacuum.  Of the two I dislike dusting the least.  I can always use that as an excuse for rearranging.  Vacuuming is usually Hubby's job as my back doesn't appreciate that excercise.

6. According to thrilllist.com, the ten most photographed sites in the U.S.A. are- Cinderella's Castle in Orlando, Southernmost House in Key West Florida, The Space Needle in Seattle, The Site of the Boston Massacre in Boston, The Bellagio Lake/fountains in Las Vegas, The Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC, Coit Tower in San Fransisco, The Art Institute of Chicago, Niagara Falls, and snagging the number one spot-The Guggenheim Museum in New York City. 
How many on this list have you photographed? Which on the list would you most like to visit and photograph?
 
I have photographed the Lincoln Memorial, The Art Institute of Chicago, Niagara Falls
 and next month will take pictures of The Bellagio Lake/fountains in Las Vegas.  Stay tuned.

7. Fifty years ago Monday (March 2, 1965) The Sound of Music premiered at the Rivoli Theatre in NYC. Have you seen the film? Do you own a copy? On a scale of 1-10 how much do you love it (or not)? Ten=best movie ever. If you're a fan, what's your favorite scene or song from the movie? 

Yes, I have seen this film many times.  I don't own a copy and don't remember when I first saw it.  It would be a 9 for me.  My favorite scene would be the one of the children singing "Good Night" and going up to bed.  Favorite song?  There are so many but "Climb Every Mountain" would have to be my most favorite. I cry every time.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
 
This past Saturday I met my sisters for a bridal shower for my youngest nephew and his bride.
Ben is my youngest sister's youngest son.
 
Sisters and I met for lunch before the shower and had a chance to visit and catch up a bit.
 
 These are the sassy mothers-of-bride and groom.
Is that bride-to-be not the prettiest?  She is a doll for sure.
 I am so grateful for my precious sisters and for what they mean to me.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

7 comments:

  1. The bride-to-be has a gorgeous smile! I love showers and weddings and all the joy. I'm sure you'll find just the right dress. Also, your photos confirm my desire to see Niagara. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to tell my hubby that I have found several others husbands now that share his chore of vacuuming, lol. The bride is sooo pretty, and time spent with sisters is always the best. Good luck finding a dress. I look forward to seeing it. You ALWAYS look SOO nice! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are beautiful. I agree sisters are special- I also have two. I love that you interviewed your husband on your last post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you definitely have to show us the dresses! I always dust first too. Love the photos and yes she is a beautiful bride to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm betting there is a dress just waiting on you and you will no doubt "wear it well." Enjoyable answers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos of the falls are gorgeous.
    The bride-to-be is beautiful and so are all the rest of the lovely ladies in your pics. Sisters are wonderful! I have one and also consider my sil as a sister and so blessed to have her. (Bad sentence, I know.) I can't imagine life without either one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by and or praying for my BIL. Please continue whenever it comes to mind. He has serious trust issues from the way he was raised, to fighitng in Iraq, to being a border patrol cop and federal agent. I can picture him fighting God, not really wanting to surrender to Him, but he is getting there, I think.

    The bride is indeed gorgeous. I'm sure the shower was a special time for all of you.

    Your photos of Niagara are stunning. I wish when I was near them that my boyfriend's aunt (who was driving up to Toronto to visit her sister) had not insisted on driving at night. What's there to see between Ohio and Toronto that's more beautiful than Niagara FAlls? Someday I'll get back there. That was 1983. I should make a plan, huh?

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.