These were some fun questions today, Joyce. Thanks for always making
something to look forward to.
1. What was your biggest worry five years ago? Is it still a worry?
Five years ago my position as Regional Facilities Manager for the NWLTC was done away with due to system changes and severe state budget cuts. It was a scary time because I wasn't yet at the point where I could retire. I was offered the opportunity to move back into Student Services as Financial Aid Officer, which was where I had started twenty years before. Is it still a worry? NO! I retired two years later. YIPPEE!!! and Thank You God!
2. Yesterday (October 15th) was National Grouch Day...what makes you grouchy? What cheers you up when you're feeling grouchy?
I try not to be or stay grouchy very long over anything. So, I asked my Hubby to help me answer this question. Without hesitation he said, "Having to repeat for the fourth time what your husband didn't hear!" Bless his heart, he is probably right. And shame on me! What cheers me up? Realizing how blessed I am to have him here to repeat things to.
3. In one word, how does it feel to be photographed?
4. Besides your parents, who would you say had the greatest influence on you in choosing your life path? Explain.
My Hubby! Other than my parents, he has always been my greatest supporter and adviser.
5. The crisp days of autumn are here...what's something you like to eat, but only if it's crisp?
Oh, crisp is not my favorite food texture, but I guess it would have to be lettuce.
6. What's the most useless object you own?
The VHS and Audio Control Center perched on our desk. It is connected to the large flat-screen TV mounted on the wall of our office. We don't watch that many movies and can't ever remember how to push the right buttons to get it to project on the screen. USELESS!
7. Share a favorite fall memory.
I just love everything about Fall, but I guess to narrow it down would be going to LSU games in Tiger Stadium. There is nothing like being in Death Valley and especially during the days of the Chinese Bandits. Now, that ages me, doesn't it.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Tomorrow, Thursday, is Ava Grace's 7th birthday. She is the youngest of four sisters and the youngest of our seven grandchildren. Needless to say, she is a mighty special little girl. So,
Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl.
We love you and can't wait to see you this weekend for Grandparent's Day!
Also, come back tomorrow for
"Getting Ready for Fall in the South - Part 4"