Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Simply a Special Father

Happy Father's Day, Dick!




1. June 12 is National Simplicity Day. In what way is your life simple? What's one way that it's not?

I had never heard of this, so looked it up and found the following:

"The theme for this year is ‘Look for the bare necessities, the simple bare necessities.' This year's theme implies that an individual should focus on their life on fulfilling the necessities by not wasting money on unnecessary objects."

Our lifestyle is simple in that we live fairly frugally while also enjoying life to the fullest.  We don't deny ourselves anything, so I guess it boils down to our needs and desires are pretty simple.

2. Something you remember from a 'simpler time'?


Simpler times were when we were perfectly content with what we had, and never thought to compare what we didn't have with others.  When I was a child in the 50's, there was no economic difference in our village - we were all poor but didn't know it.  We enjoyed simple things such as playing outside all day, playing games and reading at night, going on picnics and spending time with friends.  We were creative and enjoyed meals around the table every night.  Simple, but quality times.


3. Do you like squash? If so what's your favorite variety? What's a favorite way to prepare squash?


Yes, I do like squash and prefer yellow and zucchini smothered with onions.

 

4. Do you shop the warehouse stores (such as Costco, Sam's B.J's, etc)? If so how often do you go, and what's something you always buy in this type of store?


We have become so spoiled since moving to Plano, TX.  There is a Costco less than two miles from our house and a Sam's about 15 minutes away.  We go to Costco as often as we think of something we need or want.  We also use the pharmacy there, so that gives us plenty of excuses to visit.


There are specific things we get at each warehouse store such as individually packaged chicken breast and meat patties at Sam's.  Costco has the best chicken salad, Trail Mix, fresh veggies and fruit, plus a variety of frozen prepared veggies.  Also, we get our organic eggs there, and the list goes on.


5. Father's Day is this coming Sunday. Any plans to make the day special? Tell us something about your own father, or something about your hubs as a father, or about someone who stepped into your life and acted as a father if yours was not a part of your life. 


We may go to our daughter's for lunch after church, but no other plans than to just enjoy the day together.


My dad was a "gentle giant" and a prince of a godly man.  He was our hero in every respect and still is, not only to my sister and me but to all his grandchildren as well.  I am also so grateful for my children's father who has been a godly influence and leader in our family.

Happy Heavenly Father's Day, Daddy!


6. Insert your own random thought here.

 



Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

6 comments:

  1. We get eggs at Costco too but every now and then they don't boil up right and I can't figure out why. Ours is close as well but always so crowded!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we would do good to live in simpler times such as what you and I recall. We were poor too but I had no idea as all of my needs were met. Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried Costco chicken salad but will look for that next time. We love Ingles Rotisserie chicken salad and I always have that in my frig. We were not poor, but not wealthy either and enjoyed picnics, family dinners, playing outside. I think this current generation of young parents are trying to find balance, but it's hard when you're always having to battle technology. We didn't have that issue and for that I'm thankful! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great picture of your dad! And I like the Happy Heavenly Father´s Day line. Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your answer for #1. I agree with you, we played outside and nobody compared anyone to anyone. We were all equal and eating dinner around the table each night was wonderful. We live close to a Costco too which is nice. That is a sweet photo of your father. I know I loved my dad and miss him so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photo of you and your daddy! Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.