Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Traveling Backward & Forward on the Hodgepodge


1.  What's one thing you're excited about in the coming month?

Since this Hodgepodge seems to be centered on travel, my answer to this question fits right in.

We will be flying out on July 1 for Northern Indiana to celebrate our great grandson #2's first birthday.  It's hard to believe both of our baby boys are a year old already.


2.  What was your life like when you were ten years old?

I am currently compiling a series of posts about our family and the growing up years.  I hope it will answer questions future generations won't think to ask.  If you'd like to follow along, this is a link to the first post with a link to the 2nd.

We lived in rural South-Central Louisiana in the earliest English Settlement west of the Mississippi River.  I was a tomboy who liked to roam the woods, climb trees, ride my bike, hunt with my daddy, play games and be with my younger sister and friends; also enjoyed playing dress up, writing and painting.  Life was all good.

3.  What's something from your childhood you still enjoy today?

Being creative and the occasional chocolate fudge bar.

4.  What state (that you haven't been to) do you most want to visit?  Tell us why?

We have not traveled to the upper western states but have plans to spend the month of September exploring Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, then return through New Mexico back to Texas.  We will use the Lewis & Clark Trail as an starting point.  After suffering through the excessive heat here - expected to be over 103 degrees with heat index over 115 today - we are hoping for some more pleasant weather that time of year.

5.  Do you like to drive?  Tell us how you learned to drive.

Yes, I love to drive and am the primary driver in our family.  We laughingly say that when I drive, only one of us has to drive at a time.  My dad taught me to drive and started with a standard transmission.  He was an excellent teacher and stressed preventive driving as much as the basic mechanics of operating a vehicle.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.


LSU beats Florida in Game 3 of Men's College World Series to win national championship


Way to GEAUX LSU Tigers!  What a game you played, but we are most proud of the men of integrity all of you seem to be.


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

6 comments:

  1. I didn't know much about Lewis & Clark when I was a kid and we vacationed in those northwestern states a lot. I remember visiting Lewis and Clark Caverns and not really knowing who they were named for. Have a great week and a great trip to celebrate that birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip sounds like fun. I have been to Washington and Oregon but haven't done the states moving east like the Dakotas, etc. I'd like to see that part of the country too. Congrats to your Tigers. We enjoyed watching the whole series and loved going to the regionals in our area. I think it would be fun to go to Omaha one year. Safe travels and happy birthday to your greats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your time growing up sounds nice and peaceful. Hope Indiana will be cooler than Texas in July! That will be a fun trip in September. Congrats to LSU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It goes by so fast. Have a fun time at his party. I'm surprised you were a tomboy, I would never have guessed that. Enjoy your Lewis and Clark adventure. We go to a Lewis and Clark Museum when we are in Montana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a great series. I've become more interested in family history over the last handful of years. I used to love fudgsicles. Those trips this summer sound wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.