Thursday, June 8, 2023

After the Storm Passes By

I came across this post from a few years back and think it may be as relevant today than it was in 2020.

After The Storm Passes By

"Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord."
Psalm 31:24


Stressful days are an inevitable fact of modern life and right now, there can be a whole lot of stress.  Some days may feel like we are being stripped bare and all the fears and anxiousness is there for all to see.


When we seek to impose our own wills upon the world - or upon other people - we invite stress into our lives....needlessly.  The ugliness of foolish pride only adds to our stress and self condemnation.


Like the storms that have hit our neighborhood lately ,and possibly yours as well, stress can leave it's mark and the remains aren't pretty.


One day, everything is like a perfectly manicured lawn, and then BOOM!


 Something out of no where hits and all of a sudden, the debris of our lives lie around like mangled steel, blocking our way to peace and contentment that we so desperately desire.


What do we do then?


We look up!


We look up through the ugliness into the light of the One who turns our concerns and our storms into beauty and peace.



"God knows what each of us is dealing with.  He knows our pressures.  He knows our conflicts.  And, He has made a provision for each and every one of them.  That provision is Himself in the person of the Holy Spirit, dwelling in us and empowering us to respond rightly."
Kay Arthur



"Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you:  He will never allow the righteous to be shaken."
Psalm 55:22


"Rejoicing is a matter of obedience to God ---- an obedience that will start you on the road to peace and contentment."
Kay Arthur


"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts ---- and be ye thankful."
Colossians 3:15


Today, as a gift to yourself, to your family, and to your friends, claim the inner peace that is your spiritual birthright:  the peace of Jesus Christ.  It is offered freely; it has been paid for in full; it is yours for the asking.  So ask.  And then share.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

1 comment:

  1. This is so good and just what I needed today. No storms in my life right now but extremely busy at work and at home. Thank you for this reminder that my Savior walks with me and has everything I need, has every answer to every need. I need to get alone with the Lord and seek Him. I know He will fill me with His peace!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.