Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Penny For Your Thoughts Hodgepodge

Happy to be joining Joyce for this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge, and celebrating a special person at the same time.




1. Find a penny. Look at the date and tell us something about your life or what you were doing that year? 



Mine was a shiny new penny dated 2019

Looking back over all that we did during that year, it is as if we knew that life would never be the same afterward, and we had to cram as much into those 365 days as possible.


The main events were:


 Getting to meet a new family member we had only recently learned about.


Several interesting road trips in Louisiana and other states


Granddaughter's high school graduation held at Notre Dame that also included some really fun extended sight seeing trips into Michigan.


Visits with my sisters and discovering all sorts of interesting places in Cajun Land


A granddaughter's October wedding in Fayetteville, AR and a week of falling in love with that part of the state.


Special times with family at Thanksgiving in Dallas and Christmas in Northern Indiana


Watching Ava Grace in two different theater performances


Fun parties and time spent with friends


Spending our last time with special friends before Nancy died the following March with Covid


2019 was a very full, interesting and memorable year that we will look back on with great treasure because it was spent freely and doing exactly what we wanted to do with no reservation.  Or masks!  Or vaccines!


2. Were you given an allowance as a child? Did you have to earn it in some way? Did you learn to save money when you were a child or is that something you figured out as an adult? 


I was not given an allowance as a child and I did not save money as there was none to save, although the concept was taught.  Thankfully, saving was something that made sense to me as an adult and I married a man to whom preparing for the future was very important.  For that I am most grateful.


3. April 23rd is National Take A Chance Day...what's a chance you need or want to take?


Today, I will begin doing volunteer work at our church's pregnancy center one day a week.  This will be new for me and I am taking a chance that I will be able to do what is required and can complete my one-year commitment.


4. What's some outdated slang you seem to use a little too often? 


I don't know about it being outdated, but I find myself saying "Can you believe this?" an awful lot lately.


5. It's National Poetry month and I always like to make us work our brains a little...

Roses are red
Violets are blue
....you fill in the rest with something original...


Roses are red
Violets are blue
I want the carefree days of the '50's
How about you

6. Insert your own random thought here. 


Today is our beautiful daughter's --th birthday.  How is that possible?




Christy's childhood nickname by my dad was "Our Little Joy!" and that she was.  She is a wonderful mother, wife and daughter and we are so proud of her.  Her full-time job makes her responsible for the medical care planning for city and state employees all of the state of Texas. She is endowed with wisdom beyond my comprehension and is tireless when it comes to keeping up with a very busy 14 year old daughter as well as three adult daughters and parents who just moved near by.




Happy Birthday, Christy.  You are loved deeply.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

8 comments:

  1. Love your answer to #5.
    Thank you for sharing your lovely pictures and
    Happy Birthday to your daughter.
    Have a Happy Day!

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Volunteering for your church pregnancy center, I am sure will be rewarding for you. The carefree days I miss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your lovely daughter! I am sure you will get so much out of this volunteer opportunity. I did a little of that before we left NJ and wish I'd known about it sooner. It's hard to imagine us back to where we once were. I think many are still driven by fear and it's going to take a long time to get over. Nashville is open though-ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your daughter's family is beautiful! Sounds like 2019 was an excellent year for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! We both chose the same (post) title! Two thumbs UP about your poem. How far we've come; and I'm afraid, not mecessarily for the better.
    Happy Birthday blessings and wishes for a great 'new year' to your beautiful Christy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe, what a gal that Christy is........such a beautiful family! Enjoyed reading your answers so much. Sending hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2019 sounds like a really amazing year!
    And Happy Birthday to your Christy! What a legacy you have there with her and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a big year for you. Wishing you all the best with your volunteer work. How nice of you. Yes please, I want the carefree days back! Happy Birthday Christy.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.