Wednesday, November 18, 2020

A Daunting Hodgepodge

Thank you Joyce for this week's Hodgepodge questions.


1. It's Mickey Mouse's birthday (November 18)...happy birthday Mickey! He reads here, right? Have you ever been to Disney, any of the parks at all? Are you a Disney superfan or something less than that? They're open right now so tell us, would you go if you had the time/money/a free trip?

I have never been to Disney and regret not taking our children when they were small; however, I have absolutely no desire to go at this point.  I am not a Disney fan although I did enjoy watching many of their early shows/movies when my children and grandchildren were young.


Speaking of Disney, our youngest granddaughter, Ava Grace will be playing the lead role in the North Texas Performing Arts production of Moana Jr the next two weeks, in Dallas.  We can't wait to see her perform again.

2. Your favorite place to go when you want to be quiet as a church mouse? Would those who know you well describe you as more churchmouse or perhaps more like mighty mouse? 

I usually retreat to my screened back porch for solitude and quiet, even though any room in my house is usually a quiet place most of the day.  I'm thinking those who know me best would put me somewhere in between with a heavy slant toward Mighty Mouse.

3. The day before Mickey's birthday happens to be National Homemade Bread Day. Did/will you celebrate? Do you bake your own bread? Last time you had hot out-of-the-oven homemade bread? What's your favorite kind of bread?

I used to bake our own bread and it was so good right out of the oven, but I haven't done that in years.  There was nothing quite like a warm slice slathered with butter.  The last time was this past week when a neighbor brought over hot rolls right out of the oven, to go with our dinner at my sisters.  She knew we had been too busy all day painting furniture to think about cooking.  I am not a big bread eater, but would find it rather hard to pass up a hot yeast roll like our school cafeteria workers used to make  My next favorite would be a hot cinnamon roll. 

4. What's something you might say is 'the greatest thing since sliced bread'?

Facetime 

5. Let's keep the gratitude theme we started last week rolling on through November. Share with us five little things you're grateful for today. Small blessings. One catch-they all must start with the letter T. Gotta keep us thinking, right? 

Time with family - though not too small a thing
Tea - hot and sweet
Taste
Tenderness
Toothbrush

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

We will be going to Dallas this weekend to begin our search for our future just-right home.  This is a daunting task.  Then to pack up one house and move to another.  Speaking of daunting; that is a task I am not looking forward to.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

7 comments:

  1. Nice to visit you today!
    I like your "t" list. Toothbrush is an important small one to be thankful for!

    Happy Wednesday,
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your answers. Moving? Wow, how far away is Dallas from where you currently live? Are you moving to be nearer to family? Just call me nosey nellie. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your answers Libby. Best of luck on the upcoming house hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Disney movies and way to go Ava Grace! I can't wait to go with James, however we have never been huge Disney fans but the parks are worth seeing. Your screen porch sounds like a good place to retreat to. I would rather stay away from the carbs but my husband definitely likes to have bread. It's hard to say no sometimes. I like your five T's. Best of like this weekend. I know we need to move and downsize at some point and it will not be fun getting rid of stuff or packing stuff up. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to hear plays and such are happening. So much depends on where you live. I'm so happy to live where I do. My family in the northeast get completely different messaging about how to live their lives. Best of luck with the house hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll sure be thinking of y'all while you "are on the hunt." I just know you will find the perfect house to make your home. Blessings abundant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moving is never an easy task, physically, mentally or emotionally! I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Bread, oh my word I can never get enough bread! I think I'm addicted to carbs. Can't walk by a bakery without buying something!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.