Saturday, February 15, 2020

Saturday 9: Secret Valentine


It has been quite a while since I joined the Saturday 9 posts, but decided this Valentine weekend would be a good time to get back.

Secret Valentine



Saturday 9: Secret Valentine (2008)

In honor of Valentine's Day. Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


 I have never heard this song before and am not familiar with
"We the Kings" singing group, but I will play along with this week's questions.

1) The lyrics talk about a song that's so romantic it "turns out the lights." Are the lights on in the room you're in right now?

Yes they are.  It is a cold, rainy, dark, dreary day where I live on this Wednesday, Feb. 12, when I happen to be answering these questions.  I have lamps on in various other rooms, but the overhead light in the office is on.

2) In the video, our heroine's Valentine's Day adventure begins with a note slipped into her pocket. What's in your pocket right now?

I am still in my workout clothes and don't have pockets.

3) This week's band, We the Kings, are proud sons of the state of Florida. Bradenton, to be exact. They even called one of their CDs Sunshine State of Mind. Have you ever been to Florida? If so, where have you visited?

I have only been a couple of times and both were visits to the beach.  Both were near San Destin.
 
4) Lead singer Travis Clark has a pierced lip but doesn't always wear a lip ring. Do you have any piercings? If yes, are you wearing jewelry in your piercing(s) right now?

Both my ears have only one piercing, and no I'm not wearing any earrings at the moment.

5) The band's name comes from a cheer they did when they attended Martha B. King High School. Have you attended your high school reunion?

I have attended a few high school reunions but our class was so small, it is difficult to get much interest stirred at this point.  I graduated in 1962 so we are old folks and most of us live away from the village where we went to school.  I do stay in touch with a couple of friends though.

6) Hearts are the symbol of Valentine's Day, so here's a little heart trivia: whales have largest heart of any animal. When we say a person is "big hearted," it means we think of them as generous. Think about the people in your life. Who would you describe as big hearted?

There are several but my husband would be the first to come to mind.  He is so very thoughtful and would do anything for anyone.  Our son inherited this thoughtful nature and loves to do sweet things for his wife and family.  He has something very special planned for his sweetie this Valentines Day by the way.

7) It's estimated that 9 million people buy Valentine's Day presents for their dogs and cats. Have you ever purchased a holiday gift for a pet?

I did give all of my granddogs a Christmas gift the last couple of years.

8) Valentines to teachers are also big sellers. Did you ever have a crush on one of your instructors?

Oh yes, I had a huge crush on Mr. Griffith, who was the most handsome man I had ever seen when I first saw him at the age of 5.
 Eugene Cecil Griffith
I still found this dear man to be handsome until his death in 2013.

9) With the popularity of e-cards, fewer Valentine messages are sent via the USPS. What's the most recent thing you dropped into a mailbox?

I happened to place six (6) Valentine cards in the mail today.


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.