Friday, June 21, 2019

Taking Stock of Things Friday

Since I didn't get a post for today prepared ahead of time, I thought I would pull up an idea from several years ago.  It's never too late to take stock of what's going on in one's life.




Making :  Meal plans for tonight's dinner

Cooking :  I am not currently cooking anything, but I did have a delicious scrambled egg and sausage breakfast and we will be grilling a rack of ribs for dinner later today.
 

Drinking :  Advocare Spark and gallons of water

Reading :  I heard a book review on this book several weeks ago and wanted to read it.  I just started it and find it totally captivating.  I have also watched a documentary so know the story well.  I recommend this book if you enjoy wartime nonfiction.


 


Wanting:  Time with my whole family (this answer never changes)
 

Looking:  Backward to our good visit with son and family in Indiana and forward to visiting with other family and friends in the weeks and days ahead.
 

Playing:  I have several games on my iPad that I enjoy playing when I'm just sitting and not wanting to think about much.  I rediscovered Angry Birds the other day and am enjoying the challenge it offers, but usually play some sort of Solitare game.  I am enjoying the mental and dexterity challenges these little silly games offer.


Wasting:  Time doing those less than important things
 

Sewing:  Haven't actually sewn in years but did repair a pocket tear for Grandson last week.
 

Wishing:  I could become inspired to do another painting
 

Enjoying:  Spending time at home and sitting on the screened-in back porch when the temperatures permit.  I am also enjoying my pretty plants both inside and outside.
 

Waiting:  I guess life can be full of waiting for something; however, I prefer to think of it as anticipating instead.  I am anticipating next weekend when we will join three long-time couple friends for a most enjoyable weekend together.
 

Liking:  That I actually lost a couple lbs while on vacation.  How does that happen?
 

Wondering:  Whether I can stand the upcoming election year
 

Loving:  Being in a routine that involves a regular workout, time at home by myself and time with Dick the rest of the day.
 

Hoping:  That our granddaughter, Mary-Elizabeth's graduation party tomorrow is over the moon fun and exciting for her and that it goes without a hitch and/or rain.
 

Marveling:  That two of our granddaughters are such world travelers and are so comfortable with it.  I am also so proud that they are.  Chandler and husband Brad are currently loving their time in Soller, a small town in the mountains of Mallorca, Spain.




Needing:  Inspiration to pick up the paint brushes
 

Smelling:   Some homemade Lavender potpourri that I bought at an outdoor market in South Harbor, MI last week.

Listening:  To the A/C churning to keep the house cool in this 105 heat index climate

Wearing:  My workout clothes.  We go to the gym at 5:30 and I return to do busy stuff in the house and yard, and just haven't showered and dressed yet.
 

Following:  Several new bloggers I have found recently.


Noticing:  That the weeds in the flower beds are more healthy than the plants
 

Knowing:  Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior is the most important thing in my life
 

Thinking:  That I need to get off this computer and get ready to do something a bit more constructive - refer to the Wasting answer above.

Feeling:  Grateful for every new day
 

Bookmarking:  Nothing right now but do plan to refer to some old ones for painting ideas.
 

Opening:  My heart to where God is moving and how He wants me to be involved
 

Giggling:  I don't giggle, but did have a lose-your-breath laughing moment with grandchildren last week.
 

Feeling:  Very grateful for my life, my husband, my family and where I am right now.  


"Yours, Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the splendor and the majesty, for everything in the heavens and on earth belongs to You.  Yours, Lord, is the kingdom, and You are exalted as head over all."
1 Chronicles 29:11 
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

4 comments:

  1. Well, that was fun, may have to copy it sometime, covers most everything. I’m enjoying some quietness while Coleman naps. That boy goes full throttle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I very much enjoyed sitting and catching up with you this evening! I hope you haven't forgotten who I am! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting post! Great fun getting to know more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your breakfast sounds delicious and so does your dinner. I love drinking water. Being inspired to paint would be awesome. Have fun at the party. Hooray for going to the gym!! Great post. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.