Wednesday, June 19, 2019

A Kitty Cat Medley


It may be Garfield's National Day, but it is always an Ellie Day at my sister's house.


Thank you Terri for today's questions.
Join us by clicking this link.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NATIONAL GARFIELD THE CAT DAY – June 19

National Garfield the Cat Day - June 19


1.  If you have ever followed the Garfield comic strip, you know Garfield loves lasagna.  What is your favorite Italian food?  Do you over-indulge when it comes to pasta?

I do like lasagna but rarely eat it.  We aren't eating pasta now at all, so no over-indulging.
2.  Tell us about your very first pet.  If you have never had a pet, can you tell us about an animal that touched your life in some way?
There were always pets at our house because my dad was an animal lover.  Mother?  Not so much, but she did later in life allow a sweet dog to share their house with them.
After we got married, I had a cat named "Neiko" that I loved dearly and we had a dog, Muffin who was our children's favorite.  When she died, there were no more pets at our house.
3.  Garfield sleeps his day away, only waking to eat or sweet talk his girlfriend Arleen.  How many hours sleep do you normally get each night?  How much sleep do you really need?

Sleep is often a challenge for me.  Based on my FitBit report, I average about 6.5 hours a night.  At least 50% of that time is spent in light sleep; 10-20% REM; 15-20% in deep sleep.  There are always long periods of being awake.
I suppose this is about all I need although I would love to get more.  I do not nap during the day and am in bed by 9:30 p.m. and up at 5:30 a.m.
4.  Garfield lets the mice in the house have their way.  When was the last time you had to chase out a little varmint?  

Oh heavens, thankfully many years ago.  We do not co-exist!!
5.  Garfield also loves his teddy bear Pooky. Did you have a favorite stuffed animal when you were young (or now!)?  If you didn't or don't, what about someone you know?

Frankly, I don't recall ever having a stuffed animal as a child, and certainly not as an adult.  My children had their favorites and so did my grandchildren; however, I think they are all long gone.
6.  Please tell us something about your week, so far!
After being gone for two weeks to visit our son and his family in Northern Indiana, we got back Monday night.  It was a great trip and I will be blogging about it in the near future.
Within an hour of getting home, we had the car unloaded, all suitcases unpacked and put away, clothes sorted for washing, mail gone through and either filed or disposed of and outdoor plants checked on.
After 2 days and 15 hours on the road, it is good to be home. We bring back many great memories and lots of loving.
Before we got on the road Sunday, we attended church and enjoyed a Father's Day and Michelle's birthday lunch together.

We are always grateful for time with family and for God's protection while we travel.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you made it home safely and had such a wonderful time. What a beautiful family you have, Libby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think lately I am obsessed about what my fitbit tells me about my sleeping habits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good trip...that is long time to be away from home and it is always good to be back, isn't it? What a super picture that you have to place in your memories. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful family your have! I am glad you had a nice visit and made it home safely. Loved your answers! Have a great week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely family photo! Love it! Thanks for joining the Medley today! It is always fun to read answers and compare them across all the Meddlers. Glad you had such a great trip and visit with family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the family pic... glad you had safe travels! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great family photo! I'm very impressed you had all that done within an hour of arriving home! That's amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.