Sunday, August 16, 2015

Are You a Romantic?

What is YOUR Style: ROMANTIC

Think Monet!
ROMANTIC – Characteristics:
Romantic women are generally sexy, artistic, charming and diplomatic.  Preferring all that depicts the notion of being feminine, romantics strive for glamour and sensuality via soft, flowing fabrics, ruffles, lace, drapery (and often a bit of bling!).  Seeking beauty in grace in all that she does, a Romantic likes curls, flounces, and florals.  Because of this, she may have a tendency to think all the other personalities are always under dressed.  She has a natural sexiness that's alluring to men and intimidating or even threatening to other women.

A fellow blogger, Tamera Beardsley is a perfect example.
The Romantic values femininity and may actually be a hopeless romantic.  She likes to wear soft colors and often chooses fabrics like chiffon and silk that drape graciously on her body.

Likely to be collectors of beautiful objects, perhaps antique hatpins or china with floral motifs, her jewelry also often takes on the same heirloom-look.

Ruffles, lace, pleats, those are just a few of the whimsy, feminine details that tend to catch the Romantic's attention when you're in a store. 
ROMANTIC – Profile:
My beautiful friend, Sharon is another perfect example of a Romantic.  She and her Tea Room reflect everything feminine and pretty.
Some of the physical traits of a Romantic are:
  • Average to short, usually 8 (Hour-glass) or A Framed body shape
  • Busty, regardless of weight
  • Rounded hips, small waistline
  • Soft, rounded facial features (soft cheeks)
  • Large, flirty eyes
  • Prefers curved and curly hair
  • Walks and moves slowly and gracefully
  • Appears relaxed and tranquil
  • May speak in quiet tones
ROMANTIC – Clothing:
  • The lines of her clothes are rounded, often with a lot of draping.
  • Distinct waist definition
  •  Soft, intricate, ornate feminine lines 
  •  Maintains line fluidity from head to toe
  •  She is into delicate jewelry consisting of cute charms. She appreciates jewelry such as heirlooms that has a story behind itDiamonds, pearls, cameos, and antique jewelry are always appropriate.  She loves silky scarves.
  • She might also wear dark colors such as burgundy red or black to convey an alluring appeal, but wear them sparingly.
 ROMANTIC – Personality Profile: 
  • Enchanting and magnetic
  • Life must have form as well as function
  • Seeks to bring liveliness and grace to everything she does
  • Gives great attention to the sensual elements of taste, smell, touch, and especially to how things look
  • Is a strong believer in setting the mood for all occasions
  • Has an instinctive understanding that settings, surroundings, and atmosphere have power to evoke certain emotions or feelings
  • Is very empathetic
  • Can easily "read" a situation - discernment
  • Is sometimes regarded as frivolous or superficial
  • Because of her charming nature, she's capable of bringing adversaries together, loosing the tightest purse strings, or winning over a jury  (From Metamorphosis by David Kibbe (1987)
http://www.colormeaseason.com/
ROMANTIC –  Fashion Persona
Clothing Examples:
Business
Casual
Evening
Remember!
You more than likely have a blend of clothing personalities so find what combination meets your needs and makes you feel most beautiful and YOU!

Next Monday, we will examine the SPORTY NATURAL.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

2 comments:

  1. I was so looking forward to this...truly I was/am. Thank you Elizabeth, this is me to a "T'. (only, I was big busted--not anymore --thanks to cancer and my figure? Not hour glass, giggles)

    I am so loving this series you are doing. Blessings sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this soo interesting! I am glad you said what you did at the end as SOME of the things apply to me, but not most....I do LOVE floral and prints but I like them bold and flashy, lol, not soft and alluring. Don't generally wear jewelry, though I love it on others, but when I do wear it I like it with old fashioned and with a history. I have a feeling I am a weird mix, lol. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.