Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Hodgepodging From the Biathlon to Titipu, China


Such a fun list of questions today, Joyce.  Thank you again for giving us so much to think about.


1. What's the biggest change since your childhood in the way people think or act?

How much time do we have!  Ethics, or the lack thereof, I think is #1.  Basic in this is the lack of respect we have for others resulting in things such as the acceptance of abortion, homosexuality, amoral and deviant behavior, inappropriate public attire, living together before marriage, corruption by public officials, and the list goes on.........  Without moral ethics to guide us, we are a lost civilization.

2. The Olympic Biathlon involves cross country skiing broken up with either two or four rounds of target shooting. Which part of that would stress you out more? Or would you love them both equally?

Having to make the penalty run if I missed one or more of the targets.

3. February is National Canned Food Month...what is your most often purchased canned food item?  What was in the last can you opened?

Canned Beans - they make the most delicious soups, dips etc.

4. What river (anywhere in the world) would you most like to cruise?

The Blue Danube! 
I would also love to cruise, if it were possible, all the way down the Mighty Mississippi on the Mississippi Queen.
5. It's the middle of the night and you can't sleep...what do you do? Count sheep? Toss and turn? Watch television? Or do you get up and do something productive?

Rarely do anything productive, but I will reach for my iPhone or iPad and play a silly game or two until I get sleepy again.  I know they say never look at the little blue light, but that seems to get me sleepy again when nothing else does.

6. How important is keeping your cool?

Very!!!  I have both kept and not kept, and the keeping brings much more positive results.

7. I've got white stuff on the brain so why not run with it? White lie, wave the white flag, white knuckle it, white wash a situation, or white as a sheet...which phrase could most recently apply to your own life in some way?

White wash a situation.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
The Midwest got clobbered again this week with snow.  Son sent this picture of our two granddaughters standing in front of their house and a snow bank higher than their heads.
Aren't they just the prettiest things?  The family is looking forward to escaping to Florida during their up-coming Spring Break.  Good for them!

This past Saturday night Hubby and I were invited to attend the Shreveport Opera.
We don't normally attend the Opera as we much prefer the Symphony, but free tickets in the Platinum Section to see "The Mikado" by Gilbert & Sullivan, I think we can make an exception.
 It was a wonderful production and so funny.
BUT, this was my view most of the night when I wasn't bobbing from left to right in order to see.
A very large man obscured the whole middle of the stage from my view.  If I had actually paid for those tickets, I think I would have sat on his head and let those behind me figure out how to see over or around us both.

Other than that, it was a great night although I did feel sorry for all those well-heeled ladies in their full-length furs.  They looked lovely, but it just wasn't mink weather.  I suppose if one lives in the deep south and owns a fur coat, then one better squeeze in the wearing when and wherever one can.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

8 comments:

  1. Well living in the great white north this winter I see why people want fur coats : ) You get a lot of wear out of them here! That view would be disappointing, free tickets or no free tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning! Enjoyed this as always! I certainly agree with you on number 1...sad, really. And yes, those grand daughters are lovely! WOW, lots of snow! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Answer to No. 1 right on target!!!
    Your granddaughters are just beautiful.
    Nope! There aren't that many opportunities to wear a fur coat in the south.
    When I can't sleep, I just get up and go to another bedroom. Seems to work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your granddaughters are true beauties, Libby...and I can't get over all that snow! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this post! Especially agree with this "Without moral ethics to guide us, we are a lost civilization." All my life I've been considered prudish...but I'd rather be that than have no morals at all. The image with the snow...LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too on the beans! Wow, that is a lot of snow and yes they are gorgeous.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. The escape to Florida is what everyone who's fought all the snow deserves :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great answer to #1. Oh, my, all that snow! THink I would grow so weary of it. Such pretty Granddaughters. Oh, misery not being able to see. I'm with Joyce doesn't matter that they were free tickets, that's just a big aggravation for sure! Happy rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.