Monday, May 6, 2013

Our Weekend in Review


Because this has not been a typical weekend/Monday for me, I will not be joining Carissa at Miscellany Monday this week.

So, just let me share with you why its been different.

It is May, therefore, Hubby and I must be in Indiana!

We left our little home early Wednesday morning headed to Little Rock, AR for a dental appointment with our favorite Dentist nephew.  It is worth the drive, I assure you.  He is the best!

From there, we drove to Branson, MO to visit one of our long-time couple friends, the Flemings.  Jim said I couldn't call them our "oldest" couple friends anymore.  Actually, they were our very first couple friends after we married in 1965. Even before that, they and Hubby went to college together, so they just decided to include me in the friendship.

On Thursday, they took us to the College of the Ozarks for lunch.  It is such a lovely campus with a most unusual Mission Statement.

Debt-Free Students!
"Each student participates in the on-campus Work Education Program 15 hours each week and two forty-hour work weeks. Credit from participation in the Work Program, plus any federal and/or state aid for which students qualify, plus a College of the Ozarks Cost of Education Scholarship combine to meet each student's full tuition charge."

It was recently featured in the


They are also known as the
 Students can select from over 80 different campus jobs to help defray educational costs.
 We had lunch in the lovely Keeter Center.


I enjoyed a most delicious Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwich with Sweet Potato Fries and an "Oh-my-goodness" Chocolate Cobbler.
 

I was even able to purchase some of the lovely olive green Fleur de Les napkins which will look great when serving a bite to eat in our new Sunroom.

The next morning, this was what our windshield looked like.  It was a cold 32 degrees, breaking all records in the Ozarks for May.  After a delicious buffet breakfast, we left Branson in a heavy snow storm.  Lovely, but rather treacherous on those beautiful mountainous roads.

From Branson, we drove to Indianapolis to be there with our granddaughter for the weekend of soccer games.  The team enjoyed an evening at Champs after two hard-fought games on Saturday.
 (Savannah is first on left.)

Also taking place on this evening a thousand miles southwest of Indy, was prom night for another of our beautiful granddaughters.
Cassidy is a HS Junior and our Grandchild #3.  Isn't she absolutely gorgeous, elegant and stunning?
We sure think she is!

On Sunday, our grandson and the Penn Kingsmen, won the big Mid-West Rugby Championship.  They are now #5 in the nation!  We are so proud of him and the team.  Next stop is the State Final playoffs then they host Nationals mid May.  Yes, we will be here for all of it.

 Best Buddies sharing the trophy and game ball.

Early this morning, Son and DIL flew to Puerto Rico for a medical conference and we have the honor of being here with the kiddos.

I'm telling you, how blessed can two people be!
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

6 comments:

  1. Well, so much I would like to comment on, starting with chocolate cobbler : ) I've never heard of that, but I am certain I'd like it! Also, I am a big fan of the fleur-de-lis, and I love the color of those napkins too.

    Your granddaughter is lovely. I enjoy seeing all the prom pictures posted this time of year. I'm sure your kids appreciate you being there for their own kids, so they can travel. I know I appreciated that so much when mine were in the house. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this all looks wonderful! Your granddughter is gorgeous! Yes, it sounds like you are blessed indeed...ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I sure hope you can keep up with yourself. Goodness, you've had some busy days.

    We're off to Branson on the 22nd with Tommy's sister and husband and we're going to the College of the Ozarks when there. Do you have to have reservations to eat there or can you just show up?

    Cassidy is absolutely gorgeous!!!

    Enjoy, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop the presses! Did you say CHOCOLATE cobbler? Oh, my word...my mouth is watering! Now, let me say that you have some great looking and talented grandkids! Love your granddaughter's prom dress...she is stunning! Enjoy your time with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're right, your granddaughter is stunning,
    like be in a pageant gorgeous. she also seems
    very composed. you must be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy to "meet" you via your comment on my blog. What beautiful grandchildren you have! My oldest grandchild turns 10 next month...WAAH! It's going too fast!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.