Thursday, May 9, 2013

Weekend of Special Days

We will celebrate two very special days this weekend.

Savannah's Birthday

Fourteen years ago, this beautiful baby girl blessed our family in ways I cannot begin to explain.

She has the most beautiful spirit.
From day one, she has been a little lady.
She has the most loving and tender heart.
 She loves the Lord and desires to live her life for Him.
She is a fierce competitor.
 She is intelligent and discerning.
She is our Granddaughter #4 and we could not love her more or be more proud of her.

Savannah, you are a true example of God's Lady who is Beautiful Without and Within!

Mother's Day

I must recognize my special mother who went to heaven almost seven years ago.
Not a day passes that I don't think about her and wish I could share some little bit of interesting tidbit that I know she would love and delight in.  Or to ask her a question, or seek her wisdom and spiritual strength.

We love you Larla!

One of my favorite children's/grownup's book other than "A Terrible, Horrible, Very Bad Day,"
is
Love You Forever.

Shall any of us who had children or grandchildren in the last 50 years ever forget these precious lines?

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

This week, someone posted this picture on Facebook, and I was reminded all over again of the brevity of life, but just how precious this relationship of mother and child really is.

Motherhood is a Life-long Career


May this truly be a memorable Mother's Day for each of you.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

3 comments:

  1. Love this Libby! Precious Savannah.....such a beauty! And, your sweet Momma. Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful granddaughter you have! She just looks soo sweet. Love the thoughts about your mother. Happy mother's day to you! Hope your day is blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Family! I have enjoyed looking through your blog. Check out Sunshine PenPals and join the fun!http://sunshinepenpals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.