Monday, January 8, 2018

Christmas and New Beginning

Happy New Year!

Do you do resolutions or just have new intentions to do what you wish you had done last year?

I'm more in the latter category.

One of the things I intend to do differently in 2018 is recommit to doing Bible Study.  When I taught a class, I was faithful to do deep research and study and have missed that.  Our church will be doing a joint Bible Reading program and I look forward to being part of that.

But, that is not study.  I want a new beginning of looking into the Word, not just at the Word.

If you are seeking a new beginning, look at these verses from Ezekiel 36: 26-27.

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

And I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances."

In these verses God is making a covenant with His people and reinforces that by stating it at least 14 times.  Why would He do that?

"I will put my Spirit within you, and you will come to life, and I will place you on your own land.  Then you will know that I, the Lord, have spoken and done it..."

A faithful God makes this promise so that we will KNOW that HE IS THE LORD and that we can have new life - a new beginning in Him!

The most important thing to take away from this is that it is God who takes the initiative to complete His promise to reveal Himself to us.

God takes the initiative for His Holy names sake - it is not up to our will.

If you are seeking a new beginning in your life this new year, then you can find it in HIM.

Christmas Recap!

We had a wonderful time with family in a very cold and snowy Northern Indiana.

Christmas Eve is always a very special time as we go to the late service at their church.  This was such a moving service which always ends with hundreds of lighted candles raised in worship.

Afterward, we enjoyed trying to get some descent family pictures.  I will let them speak for themselves.












Thankfully, we woke up to a gorgeous snow on Christmas morning and it only got better from here.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

2 comments:

  1. I an enjoying doing a deeper Bible study this year also. I have done several studies with Katie Orr who has a good way to focus in on a passage. At first it was difficult to look up words in Hebrew or Greek but I found some great tools for that. She has great resources at Katie Orr.me.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.