Sunday, January 14, 2018

A Snowy Japanese Indiana Wrap-up

This blog is to simply share some of the amazing shots I was able to capture while in Northern Indiana during the Christmas and New Year  holiday.

The following are of the snow in the back yard of our son and his family.














One afternoon I drove into Mishawaka and shot the following on the St. Joseph River.







Across the street from the river is a small Japanese Garden, the Shiojiri Niwa Gardens.  It is lovely in the spring and summer but amazing buried beneath the snow.

This Japanese strolling garden symbolizes the Sister-City relationship between Mishawaka, Indiana and Shiojiri City, Nagano Prefecture, Japan.


The Bronze sculpture of two American and two Japanese children was designed by Hidekazu Yokozawa and dedicated in 1992. It symbolizes the beginning of the special friendship between the two cities that started in 1964 when, under the direction of Hiroo Takasuna and Helen Amos, students from Nishi Primary School and Battell Elementary School first started exchanging letters, artwork, and gifts.





And this completes our wonderful, memorable and family-filled holiday.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos, Elizabeth. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there anything more wondrous than snow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my, now I'm freezing! Just beautiful pictures and looks like we stand a really good chance of getting some of the white stuff tomorrow. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH..MY..GOODNESS.... Such gorgeous pictures! I am off to check out your other posts and catch up on your days. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.