Join us and link up with Joyce at
for this week's
Do you like Mexican food? Yes!
What's your favorite dish? Something with enchiladas or a good Taco Salad
How about on the side-black beans, pinto beans, refried beans, rice? Yes to all the mentioned
What about heat-mild, medium, hot? Mild
Will you celebrate with Mexican food and drink on May 5th aka Cinco de Mayo? Probably not
2. Ever been to Mexico? For work or holiday? Love it or no? If you haven't been is this a place you'd like to visit? Can you speak Spanish?
We went across the border from El Paso, Texas into Juarez, several years ago. I have no desire to go back unless it would be to one of the resorts such as Puerto Vallarta. No speaka Spanish.
3. What's one thing you may accomplish this month?
Getting all my doctor visits in. I have three bi-annual checkups scheduled including a dentist visit before we leave for Indiana on the 24th. While up there, I will also have my one-year checkup after cervical surgery.
4. If you were mayor of your village, city, or town, what's one thing you'd like to see changed, done away with, revamped, or accomplished? Is serving in public office something you've ever seriously considered?
Cronyism for sure! We are currently having to pay huge water/sewer bills because of an oversight and neglect in a past administration and there are still accusations of misuse of funds by the City Commission. So doing away with all corruption and behind closed door deals would be remarkable, especially in Louisiana, historically associated with crooked politics.
I have absolutely no desire to serve in public office.
5. What's something that may be popular, but that you just don't get?
I heard this morning that some colleges are setting up tents where they are offering free massages for our politically stressed students. In fact, according to this same report, it seems students are so stressed about Trump being in office that they are experiencing unprecedented hair loss. The popular position of intolerance for any opinion that does not agree with one's own, is something I just don't get.
6. Can't let this week slip by without mentioning Thursday May 4th is Star Wars Day. As in 'May the 4th be with you' ahem. Are you a fan of the Star Wars series? Exactly how much of a fan are you? On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being 'I've seen every film, own the action figures, might have dressed as Darth Vader for Halloween one year', and 1 being, 'what's a Vader?' -where do you land?
Easy answer - Not a fan - haven't seen a single movie - 1
7. Scroll back through your blog posts and in three sentences or less tell us the general theme of your fourth blog post. Does it still ring true today? Is it a topic you re-visit on your blog from time to time?
My fourth post was in July of 2011 and the title was Closet Panic? It was the first of a series of posts on how to plan a wardrobe. I have stayed pretty close to this theme throughout these six years with occasional posts about fashion. Hence the title, Beauty Without Within.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This past Friday night we attended our 10-year old granddaughter's end-of-year Children's Musical at Prestonwood Baptist Church in Plano, Tx. She is quite the little actress and again, did such a great job. Here are just a couple of my favorite shots of her on stage.
With her good friends who were also in the play.
Great Job, Ava Grace!