As I am writing this on Valentines Day, let me wish all of you a very Happy, Lovely Day.
Thank you Joyce for binding us together on this
1. What do/did you call your grandparents? If it's something unusual tell us the story behind the name. If you're a grandparent what do your grands call you? Who chose your moniker?
Maternal Grandparents: Poppa & Mama
Paternal Grandparents: Pappy & Grandmother
My Grandmother name is Bibby. This name was given to me by a nephew and carried over to grandchildren. I love it.
Dick's Grandparent name by our daughter's children is Daddea. First grandchild picked up "Daddy" that she heard her mother say and made up her own and it stuck with her siblings. However, our second grandchild had trouble rolling that off his tongue so his name was shortened to "Da". His little sister prefered "Da Da". Then the littlest sister decided "Da Da Da" was appropriate. Needless to say, we have had a lot of fun with our Granddad names.
2. Ever taken a road trip along the California Coast? If so what was the highlight of your trek? If not, any desire to do so? If you were to take a trip along the California Coast what's one attraction you'd have on your must-see list?
Yes, back in 2004 we and our best couple friends flew to San Fransisco and then took a road trip from there making several treks along the coastline. The highlight of course was the coastline itself. Unbelievable natural beauty.
This is a view from the back of the Ritz Carlton Hotel at Half Moon Bay
And at sunset
We also enjoyed seeing the Hearst Castle.
Swim, roller skate, speak a foreign language
4. Tom Peters is quoted as saying, 'Celebrate what you want to see more of.' If that's true what will you celebrate and more importantly, how will you celebrate?
In this current day, I think the thing I most desire to see is love, tolerance, and kindness. The best way to celebrate these things would be to do them more myself and acknowledge and appreciate them when seen in others.
5. Thursday (February 16) is National Almond Day. Do you like almonds? Which would you prefer-an Almond Joy or a macaron? What's something you make that calls for almonds?
I don't make anything that calls for almonds. Why, when it's impossible to beat an Almond Joy?
Saturdays are very relaxed around here. Dick gets up early to read the paper and start working on his Sunday School lesson to teach the next day. I get up when I feel like it. We have a large brunch then do our own thing. I rarely leave the house on Saturday.
7. Share with us a favorite book you've read this winter.
I have been reading Margaret Truman's "Capital Crimes Series". She was an excellent writer and I've enjoyed this series very much. A book I actually listened to while driving was "The Reason I Jump" the inner voice of a 13 year old boy in Japan about dealing with Autism. It is an excellent book and a must read by anyone who teaches children.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Belated Happy Valentines
Kristen and Danny