This is one volume over 250 of the Wednesday Hodgepodge. I so appreciate the time and effort Joyce puts into this weekly blog post and that she lets all of us enjoy the fruits of her labor.
So, join all the Hodgepodgers
Waking up and being able to get out of bed. Seriously!
2. Lots of these kinds of lists out there, but one found here says the fifteen most colorful places on earth are:
Vernazza, Cinque Terre, Italy~Burano, Italy~Havana, Cuba~Rio de Janiero, Brazil~Chefchaouen, Morocco~Balat, Istanbul, Turkey~Menton, France~Jodhpur, India~La Baca, Buenos Aires, Argentina~Guanajuato, Mexico~Capetown, South Africa~Valparaiso, Chile~Wroclaw, Poland~San Francisco, California~and Pelourhino, Salvador, Brazil.
Of those listed which would you most like to see up close and in person? Of all the places you've seen or traveled in your own life, what would you say was one of the most colorful?
The most colorful place I have visited is Athens, Greece. Such a beautiful and fascinating city.
3."Everything you want is on the other side of fear." Jack Canfield In general, would you agree or disagree with that statement? Why?
I don't necessarily agree with this as a blanket statement, but so often our fears do keep us from exploring and discovering new aspects of ourselves and others, as well as new experiences.
4. Imagine you're stranded on a desert island and dessert appears...what do you hope it is? Do you ever struggle to remember which spelling is desert and which is dessert?
Yes, that is one of those words I type then look at and think, two s's or one?
I would want a big scoop of Blue Bell Ice Cream on top of a warm nutty brownie, drizzled with warm chocolate and caramel topping. Plus a huge thermals of cool water.
5. What song almost always makes you cry?
I don't think there is one that makes me cry; however, many pieces of music do evoke emotion for me.
6. January is National Soup Month. Everything from soup to nuts, in the soup, thick as pea soup, souped up...which saying most recently applies to your life in some way? Explain.
"In the soup" reminds me that I bought ingredients for a big pot of soup last week which never happened but will this week for sure.
7. Write a two word note to your younger self. What does it say?
BE READY! My scripture/word for this new year is Isaiah 43:19. I want to be ready for whatever God chooses to do in my life, in my family, in my country this new year.
"Behold, I will do a new thing....."
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I plan to start a new weekly blog series, hopefully next week on different decorating styles of houses that happen to belong to friends of mine. There will be some very interesting and different looks, I assure you, so you don't want to miss this every Monday for as long as my friends allow me to invade their space. And, speaking of color, you don't want to miss the first one, for sure.