Monday, October 27, 2014

A Lesson From My Sis

How is it that only a Sister can hurt your feelings without hurting your feelings?

Saturday, I shared with my sisters that I wasn't feeling too good and was just having an emotional pity party.  The foot was really acting up and I was having to watch Hubby vacuum, dust and wet mop the floors and even pass a swifter over the most dusty surfaces.  He then did some work outside and even a small re-org of the garage.

And all I did was watch!

On Sunday Sister2 called to check on me.  I told her I was doing much better, but that Saturday had just been a difficult day for me.  She very gently said, "Lib, you know you are a control freak, and you aren't in control of anything right now.  This is new territory for you."

All I could do was smile and say, "Sis, you know I think you hit the nail on the head!"

Just when I think I've given the control over to the One in Control Of All Things, I realize that isn't the way it is at all.  Oh yes, perhaps the biggies like the rising and setting of the sun and changing of seasons and even some relationships, but my day-to-day relinquishment, not so much so.

So, thanks Sis for putting things back into perspective for me.
How about you?
How do you handle not being in control?


These precious neighbors all decked out for a "Trunk or Treat" event at their church brought me a beautiful floral bouquet this afternoon.
 Is this not the sweetest face?

I received a blessing from Just Following Jesus today.
I hope you do as well.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

6 comments:

  1. Oh goodness can I EVER relate to this! Soo hard sometimes isn't it to realize we don't control a thing...He holds our very breathe in His capable hands and we either trust and believe that or we don't. And I sooo understand the frustration of "watching" others do what you feel you should be doing too. Been doing that for a while now too with these knees. It so hard to have always been soo active and strong and busy and then to realize there are just some things that I can't do. And! nothing like a sister to call a spade a spade and tell you what you need to hear either! Wonderful relationahip to have! Praying your foot heals up all the way and your back to yourself soon...and in the meantime that you lean on Him and those around you while you find the joy and blessings in every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suffer with this problem of control too. As I recovered from a surgery this summer, our daughter and my sister-in-law both came from out-of-town to stay with us and "take care of things." It troubled me greatly that they would do so much and wait on me. While I really appreciated their gift of love to me, it was still something I had to learn to receive without "helping" them as they helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate about two things... being a control freak and having neuroma. Hope you are feeling 100% soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not easy not being in control. I have that one printed out and sitting on my desk! Hope your having a good day. Those are cute costumes. I bet we see a lot of Olaf's this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Handing over control to God, especially now, is far from easy for me. As a mom, I want to fix everything and NOW! It's a struggle for me to place it all in God's hands, knowing that His will be done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Libby, I think this struck a nerve with a whole bunch of us. I would probably be a most unhappy camper if I had been confined for as long as you have been and having to depend on someone else to do all that I was use to doing for myself. I do hope you are soon going to be up and about some and working your way back to full speed ahead. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.