1. My daughter earned her Master's Degree this past weekend...what's something you've 'mastered' in recent weeks or months?
Oh geez, this is embarrassing. I can't think of a thing I have mastered in the recent weeks or months. Unless you want to consider the ability to sit and read without worrying about what is not getting done in my house. This is probably not exactly what you had in mind.
2. What song most reminds you of your childhood?
The first song that came to mind was "The Girl That I Marry." This was one of my dad's favorite songs because he knew he had married the perfect "girl" for him. Written by Irving Berlin in 1946 for the musical "Annie Get Your Gun," it was sung and made popular by first Frank Sinatra then Eddy Howard in 1950.
3. What do you think about single gender groups and/or events? Should every group/event be open to both genders? If not, what sort of exceptions do you think are appropriate?
I do not think every group/event should be open to both genders! Let's face it, men and women are different and we need to be able to express that difference with members of the same gender.
In my younger years, I was part of a "Young Women's Missionary" organization that was specifically designed and tailored for women. We never had a man express interest in joining. Also, I am looking forward to joining a well established women's club this fall that meets on a regular basis to discuss various topics that affect and interest women. I dare say, there hasn't been one man to ever express an interest in being part of this group.
That being said, I think it is equally important men and women have the opportunity to experience the coming together to enjoy groups/events where there is a common interest. In my case, this is a Sunday School class.
4. What's your favorite spice? Your favorite dish containing your favorite spice?
Basil! Favorite dish: Tomato, Basil Quiche
5. I saw this question on Marla's facebook page and asked if I could steal/borrow it for the Hodgepodge...thanks Marla!
Chevron patterns are everywhere! Do you like it or think its just a little too much? Do you own anything 'chevron'?
Chevron, oh chevron, how I tire of thee. I like it alright; don't have any; think its okay in very small doses.
6. What's something you disliked as a child, but can fully appreciate now?
Being indoors! As a child, I was a bit of a tomboy and wanted to spend every waking hour outside. As an adult, I fully appreciate being indoors, especially when the thermometer is in the high 90's and low 100 degree range.
7. What can irritate you very quickly?
Repetitive sounds. A woman's high-pitched voice. Poor service.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Today is our son's wedding anniversary. John and Michelle have been married 19 years. She is truly our God-given Daughter-in-love, and we are so grateful for her.
Happy Anniversary guys!
And, if you just like to listen to lovely music, you might enjoy this selection by Mantovani: