Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday Focus: Focus!

Hubby and I are pretty consistent about going to the gym every morning, and maintaining a consistent workout routine is also important to us.

For instance - Monday, Wednesday and Fridays I spend 30 minutes on the treadmill, then 15 minutes on the elliptical and finish up some days (depending on energy at this point) with 15 minutes on a stationary bike.  After this I spend 45 minutes to an hour with weights and stretching.

Tuesdays and Thursdays begin with a Pilates class at 5:30 a.m. after which I spend 45 minutes in the pool doing water jogging and weight/stretching workouts.

All this to say, there has to be some degree of focus and reason for getting up and out of the house during retirement.  It is not an easy thing!

Yesterday's devotion in Jesus Calling began with
"Make Me Your Focal Point as you move through this day."
 This had such meaning to me because the last exercise I do daily is one that requires complete focus.
It is called the Tree Pose and I do it to try to maintain my sense of balance.

In order to maintain this stance, I cannot look at anything else around me.  I have to ignore sounds or any movement in the room or I will get distracted and lose my concentration and balance.  You don't want to topple over at my age!

I thought about this as I read,
"Circumstances are in flux, and the world seems to be whirling around you.  The only way to keep your balance is to fix your eyes on Me, the One who never changes...Look to Me, refreshing yourself in My Presence, and your steps will be steady and sure."
Jesus Calling, Sarah Young, April 25

So, what will you keep your eyes on today so that you don't become distracted and lose your concentration and sense of balance?

As for me and my house, we will focus on the Lord Jesus Christ!

Have a great weekend, by friends.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Libby! And, what a great illustration of the devotional. I read Jesus Calling every morning and it always seem to say just what I need. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.