Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Back Porch Enclosure Update

Okay, if nothing else, I am true to my word.
I promised to keep you updated on the progress of our remodeling project.

I think in this case, pictures are indeed worth a thousand words
or
at least 30. 

Work was to begin between 8 and 8:30 a.m. Monday morning so on Saturday we made sure everything was ready.  Rug is protecting the built-in cabinet from the weekend rains.
 Monday 5:30 p.m.
Workers came at 9:30 and left a few minutes later because they were missing a few pieces of building materials. We were told they would be back by 8:30 Tuesday morning.

Tuesday 8:30 a.m.
 
Tuesday 11:00 a.m.
Work began at 10:00 a.m. by a great crew of carpenters.  There were a few minor snags that had to be straightened out due to a lack of communication between all parties.  But we got it started.
Thankfully, Hubby oversaw everything that was done.

Tuesday 5:30 p.m.
   First day results with plans to get started and hopefully finish the majority of the carpentry work on Wednesday between 8:00 and 8:30 a.m.

Wednesday 10:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m

Look familiar?  You are right, 8:30 came and went and here it is 4:00 p.m. and nothing has changed.

Hubby and I have a long planned and anticipated trip to Daughter's in Dallas tomorrow for the weekend, so maybe Monday between 8:00 and 8:30 a.m. we will again see some progress being made.

It will be worth the wait I am sure when it is all finished and I have decided how to furnish this narrow little space.

My advice to myself!
 drink sweat tea
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

4 comments:

  1. It will be worth the wait, but it still doesn't justify them not calling and giving a reason. I cannot deal with that either.

    Enjoy your time at Christy's and I'll look forward to hearing about it. Travel safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to look so wonderful when it's all said and done, Libby! However, the waiting for it to be finished can be grueling! Have a wonderful time with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is it that these things always present with stress.. It will be worth it though:) hang in there and enjoy your travels.

    xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my experience home improvement never happens in the expected time frame : ) I'm sure it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.