Volume 190? My goodness Joyce, how in the world have you come up with 1,330 questions? You are one creative lady. Thank you for doing this week after week, especially when you could be spending your time on more important things such as a wedding.
To read Joyce's answers to her own questions and the answers of many others, pop over to
1. I'm celebrating a birthday this week so a question relating to aging feels appropriate. Douglas MacArthur is quoted as saying, 'You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair." Would you agree? If not why not?
Yes, I agree with this, but I would also add this addendum with a smile: "You are as young as your joints allow you move."
2. What remarkable feat, interesting piece of trivia, or historical event occurred on your birth day and month? Not necessarily in your birthyear, just the same date/same month.
|"All Saints Day" |
Painting by Fra Angelico
835 - All Saints Day made compulsory by Pope Gregory IV throughout Frankish Kingdom
1512 - Michelangelo's paintings on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in Vatican, Italy 1st exhibited
1848 - 1st US woman's medical school opens (Boston)
1913 - Notre Dame upsets Army 35-13, 1st to use forward pass effectively
(I liked this one because I'm in Notre Dame country right now)
1966 - NFL awards New Orleans its 16th franchise (All Saints Day) Geaux N. O. Saints!
Of course, in November we celebrate Thanksgiving; also, our mother's birthday and our parent's anniversary (24th) and our middle sister's birthday (26th).
3. Describe a time or circumstance where you wanted to 'have your cake and eat it too.'
Daily. I think any time I feel rebellious I am wanting to 'have your cake and eat it too.' I want to sin without any consequences. This may be complicating an otherwise simple question.
4. What's something you do that makes you feel young? Something that makes you feel old?
Interesting that many of the things that make me feel young also tend to make me feel old. For instance, doing things with my grands can make me feel both young and old when in comparison to them or what I used to be able to do.
I can feel young at the gym when I'm accomplishing more than someone older or in poorer shape than me. Then, there will be always be someone to come along who makes me feel very old and inadequate.
Comparison is not always a good thing!!!
5. When did you last do something that was 'a piece of cake'?
Last week I added a few fall touches to my DIL's house. I love doing that and find it pretty easy to do. See pictures below.
6. Beef, wine, and cheese all improve with age. What's something else you'd add to that list? (not necessarily food or beverage)
7. If I were to have a giveaway when we hit Volume 200, what should I give away? By my calculations we'll hit Volume 200 on November 26th, the day before Thanksgiving, which means whoever wins would have whatever it is in time for Christmas.
A compilation of some of your writings during these 200 Hodgepodges.
8. Insert your own random thought here
I added a few additional touches to what I featured last week.