Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What I Love Wednesday - Beauty is God's Handwriting

*Never lose an opportunity for seeing anything that is beautiful;
* *For beauty is God's handwriting--a wayside sacrament.
* * Welcome it in every fair face, in every fair sky, in every fair flower, 
 * *And thank God for it as a cup of His blessing. *
*- Ralph Waldo Emerson* 

I am joining Kristina for What I Love Wednesdays.

Several days ago I saw a blog from one of my daily favorites, Savor Home and she had simply taken pictures of some of her favorite things in her house.  I was inspired to look at the little favorite things I choose to live with each day in a new light.
Then today, I got my new issue of Veranda magazine and right there on the cover was this statement:
"EXPRESS YOUR STYLE - Live With What You Love"

When hubby and I downsized several years ago, that was our determination:  To only keep what we love.  And that was the most liberating and exhilarating decision!

So, I'm just going to share with you a few of the things I like to look at in my house every day.  There are others but I'll save them for another What I Love Wednesday.

I love this little colorful glass vase that I found at a Flea Market Booth during a Sister outing.
I found these sconces years ago, and love them.  I use them in a grouping with mirrors.  This one holds a saucer and creamer from an antique china tea set.
This one holds an antique pitcher.  One of my favorites!
This grouping is atop my Lingerie Chest.  The plate is an antique and the porcelain duck piece was given to me by a very special friend years ago. 
I have this grouping of "Siblings" in one of my guest rooms.  In the back is my husband with his two older sisters.  In front is my sister and I as well as pictures of me with my grandmother.  The side pictures are of my granddaughters with their mothers.
My very favorite antique piece in my house.  It holds an antique dish that I love, a musical dove that was given to me by a special friend, a floral arrangement that belonged to my mother.
A picture grouping on a bedside table in the Master Bedroom.

Guest Bath counter top grouping
One of the most favorite items in my house is this delicate counted cross stitch done by my daughter during a very difficult time in her life.  A true labor of love and therefore a real treasure!
This little dish that belonged to my grandmother contains all my favorite jewelry from the 50's.  My poodle pins, and first rhinestone necklace.

Now, some of God's created beauty that I love!

A new orchid in my bathroom
New dew-covered fronds on my palm that was a gift from my son's kindergarten teacher - he happens to be 43 today!
And Now, my absolute favorite things of beauty - 
Granddaughters all dressed up for their first day of school!
Cassidy is a Junior in High School and Ava Grace is ready for her 1st day of Kindergarten.
Mary-Elizabeth enters Middle School - 5th Grade and Savannah, a 7th grader enters her last year of Middle School
Maybe this will help you look at your favorite things with a new eye of appreciation and gratitude.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

2 comments:

  1. Well, now, I enjoyed this entry so much Libby. I just might have to do something similair to this at some point. I love sharing in your life and I think your home could be featured in a magazine. It is so, so lovely! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with CiCi...I enjoyed this peek at your favorite things too. I'm looking around my house with fresh eyes right now too. I may do something similar one day soon. I love your antique pitcher...I have a thing for pretty pitchers.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.