Friday, August 31, 2012

Potpourri Friday - My Fall Wardrobe Capsule

Last week I was inspired by Kathy Sue at Good Life of Design when she posted her Color Scheme for the Fall and Winter.  Since I am a firm believer in Capsule Wardrobe Planning and try really hard to implement what I teach to others, I decided to post one of my capsules.

Joining up with Potpourri Friday 2805

 
Because my home-based business requires that I wear only dresses/skirts when representing my company (Mary Kay), I will show what I've put together for my Fall work capsule.

Remember, I am an Autumn so this is the color combination around which I have based this capsule:
Black
Brown
Purple

 Dresses
I also have suits that repeat these colors and an assortment of jackets can be used with each of these dresses.

Accessories
 I have become a scarf lover the past few years and think these would dress up or down the dresses so nicely.


As you can tell, many of these pieces of jewelry are interchangeable with all three dresses.  I always wear a bracelet.  A stylist taught me years ago to never leave the house without a bracelet.  So I try not to.

Shoes
 These are just four pairs of my favorites.  I also have brown, navy and black heels in case I need to change out of the comfortable flats.

Of course there are additional jackets and sweaters to throw on when I need a sleeve or occasion change.

Fall is right around the corner, so put together your own wardrobe capsule.  I would love to hear what colors you plan to dress in this fall.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

5 comments:

  1. Those are my favorite colors for fall. I really love your shoes and accessories, too! Everything looks so pulled together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, I am so impressed! Sure saves you a lot of decision making when it's time to get dressed. Love it all and especially once you put it on. Lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right on trend with your purple!! Not drab at all, perfect for your autumn coloring. Great job with the accessories too. Love it!
    Thanks for the sweet compliment about my Fall transition pieces. As you said it is ME and this is YOU. I love that !! Thanks for sharing,
    xo Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Libby, You have some beautiful pieces here! Autumn is so much fun to dress for...thanks for your sweet words on my blog. We leave soon to travel to the funeral. I appreciate you being a reader of my blog so much!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have chosen some of the same colors that I like for Fall---I just wish Fall would arrive! Here in Texas the weather is still warm--too warm for sweaters that I love to wear. I believe we may have the same taste in jewelry, also. I,too, love the brown chip necklace with the tortoise shell disk. And I, too, have been married to the same wonderful fellow for nearly 50 years (49 this month). I am glad that I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.