Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Celebrating the End of July


In July, 2020, I did this painting for some of our dear friends who had lost their home in a flood.  We visited them after the restoration was completed and gave the painting to them as a reminder that God's mercies are new every morning.  This is still a reminder to me to be grateful for this great promise.

Joining with Joyce for this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge.


1. What was the last thing you celebrated? 

The last celebration was our great-grandson's 4th birthday.  I featured some scenes of this in last week's Hodgepodge, so I'll share a few more today.

The party scene is always at the Day House and pool.  July is the perfect time for a pool party in Northern Indiana.


"Happy Birthday" before blowing out the cupcake candles

Little Sis supervising the opening of presents

2 July 29th is International Day of the Tiger. Besides the wild animal itself, when you hear the word tiger what's the first  person-place-thing-whatever that comes to mind?



For anyone remotely related to Louisiana, there is an immediate association the the LSU Tigers!  The first game is only 6 weeks away and every Tiger fan is counting down the Saturdays.

3. The expression 'eye of the tiger' describes someone with intense focus, determination, and the drive to succeed. What area of your life are you currently bringing that kind of energy to?


Thankfully, there is nothing going on in my life at this time that demands an "intense focus, determination or drive to succeed."  These truly are the "Golden Years" when spending the morning sitting with a book, or the afternoon finishing a movie we started the night before, is OK.  

  

4. What was the last meal you cooked?


As I am writing this on Tuesday, Monday night's dinner (supper) was warmed left-overs from Sunday's lunch with friends at Olive Garden.  Second day Shrimp Scampi is always better.


5. Describe your July using exactly five words.


Travel, Hot, Family, Hot, Memories


6. Insert your own random thought here.


One afternoon during our recent visit, DIL, Michelle and I took the greats to Mishawaka's Japanese Garden.  It has been a favorite spot of mine since discovering it shortly after the family moved to Indiana in 2008.


Navy Grace visiting with the "Children"





It was a fun time for me to share such a beautiful oasis right in their back yard.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

4 comments:

  1. That painting is beautiful, what an amazing gift for your friends and it looks like a great party for your great grandson.
    There are so many sports teams which have tigers associated with them. Our local soccer team is nicknamed the Tigers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful painting and gift. That garden looks so lovely, I can see why it is a favorite. That is a perfect summer birthday party with swimming. Do they hire a lifeguard or do they designate a lifeguard? Enjoy these carefree summer days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful garden - I am partial to Japanese gardens -

    ReplyDelete
  4. That painting is gorgeous! I love it!! I also love a Japanese garden. There's one on our daughter's college campus I used to love walking through. Hope you're staying cool!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.