Wednesday, July 22, 2026

It's a Hot Yellow Hodgepodge

Welcome to the sporadic wanderings of my blog posting.  There really hasn't been much time for posting this month; however, I did manage to get out one post on our recent travels.  If you care to see one of the most fun adventures of our trip go Here.


1. Do your goals and dreams energize or exhaust you? Elaborate.

Let's just say that my goals are not very long-range these days.  The most important dream (prayer) is to see my great-grandchildren come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.  Usually, the goals that I wish to achieve energize me; however, I did get a bit tired of the planning that went into our recent road trip.  In the end though, it was all worth while and we had a wonderful time.  

2. July 23rd is national lemon day. Are you a fan of this flavor? What's a favorite dish or beverage you enjoy that calls for lemons?


Yes, I like the lemon flavor.  One of my favorite dishes with lemon is of course a good southern Lemon Icebox Pie with meringue.  I also like Lemon Loves.  These were always a staple at every tea or coffee that ladies used to plan and attend.


3. "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"...is this something you're pretty good at managing? Have you had to do this recently? If so tell us about it. 


Yes, I think I am pretty good at doing this.  Thankfully, I haven't had to make lemonade recently.  Well, maybe once.  Here's the story.  In planning our trip, I decided while in Gettysburg, VA, rather than staying in a modern hotel like the rest we were staying in along the way, I wanted us to stay in a historic Inn in the historic section of the city.  I did find a lovely old place and in a perfect location.  I failed to realize that when you stay in a building on the National Historic Registry that there will not likely be an elevator.  Sure enough, we got there to find out our room was on the 3rd floor and two flights of 32 narrow steps to get there.  That was not ideal for two folks in their 80's with luggage.

We made the most of it and enjoyed our stay very much.  If you don't mind stairs, then let me recommend the Brickhouse Inn.


4. Something you love that is lemon yellow in color?


I added a yellow linen outfit to my summer wardrobe and have enjoyed it very much.  I am more of an orange person, but I think this yellow is a good shade for my coloring.  I especially enjoyed wearing it with matching yellow sandals for our great-grandson, Jax's 4th birthday in Northern Indiana a couple weeks ago.


5. How would you describe your attention to detail?


Excessive??  I am very aware of details and doing things with order and sequence.  Would you care to see the folder of our travel plans?


6. Insert your own random thought here. 


How about some pictures of our trip?

The first stop was in Lancaster, SC with these our longest couple friends, Bill & Velta.  Dick proposed to me in their apartment in 1965.  Love these precious people and she is Miss Hospitality personified!

Blue Ridge Pky, Boone, NC

                                            Natural Bridge, VA

Shenandoah National Park was so socked in with cloud cover that we missed much of the natural beauty and it definitely challenged my driving skills.
                                                Our Indiana family

We endured the Summer Heat Bowl of 2026 in the upper Mid-West only to return home to Texas for the Extensive Heat Wave.  As I write this at 3 PM it is 103 degrees with a heat index of 109, and it is expected to be several degrees higher by 5 PM.  Plus, we are now under an Air Quality Alert with tomorrow being declared an Ozone Action Day.  The north has smoke but we have fumes while the Gulf of America is bracing for a Tropical Storm.

Welcome to Texas!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

1 comment:

  1. I am an anything lemon color or lemon food!! I went on a little road trip and the air quality signs were everywhere because of the smoke. Prayers for safety if the tropical story approaches.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.