Wednesday, February 28, 2024

End of February Wrap Up

Two blog posts in two days is a new record for me, but it is so good to have nothing else to do but think about doing something a bit creative for a change.  If you are interested in seeing how I do little vignettes in my house, click here



A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR BIG BOY, JACKSON!
Love you to the moon and back!

From this Side of the Pond

1.  February is coming to a close.  Give us a two-word phrase that tell us something about how yours went.

February came in with a lot of pain and closed with the elimination of said pain.  Thank you God for sending your angels of healing.

2.  If you had to describe how you're feeling right now as an amusement park ride, what ride are you on?  Explain.


The carousel seems to fit what's going on with me right now.  It was one week ago as I'm writing this that I had my left hip replaced.  My surgeon has a regime to accomplish maximum healing but it isn't overnight.

My daily schedule is going round and round and getting up and down doing 5 - 10 minutes of walking every hour; icing the incision; increasing the reps of exercises every day and then simply resting in bed.  So round and round and up and down about describes my month of March.

3.  What's something on your desk or a nearby wall that cheers you up when you see it or walk past?


Since my lap is my desk right now, my view is this large beautiful piece of furniture that holds a TV I rarely watch, a glass vase I enjoy seeing and all the printed copies of my yearly blog posts.  On top are two favorite pieces that were purchased in Greece many years ago.  There also is a tiny picture from my dad's last driver's license.  Normally, those doors would be closed, but I enjoy the view.

4.  Are you a salad eater?  How many salads do you typically eat in a week?  Your favorite kind of salad?

Yes, we are salad eaters and typically eat one a few times a week.  My go-to salad is a Cobb with black beans, corn, chicken and all the fixins'.

5.  Without telling us the category give us your top five ---
  1. Sitting in my sunroom on a bright sunshiny morning
  2. Walking outside on a brisk cool morning
  3. Doing Facetime with a great grandson
  4. A good nights sleep
  5. Waking up alongside my beloved
6.  Insert your own random thought here.

I know you are more than ready to get caught up on our great grands since it's been a while since an update.


Landon, who will be 2 in April entertained me on the foot of my bed the other day with his "happy face" and sweet antics. He is such a little ham and so full of life.


Jax is so fascinated by all the new house building going on in his neighborhood and loves to watch for the dump trucks and excavators.  We love our FT visits with this Indiana baby boy who will be 2 in July.

Jasper Rex lives in Fayetteville, AR and is not quite 1.  Isn't he an absolute doll?


Four months ago I was adopted as grandmother to this precious little girl, Piper.  She has stolen our heart as did her mother a few years ago.

And that about wraps up the Hodgepodge for this week.  Come back next Wednesday because I'm not going anywhere.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

8 comments:

  1. Your great grands are adorable! Wishing you a steady recovery (I'd say speedy but I know slow and steady will be more effective).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful babies to love! It's just the sweetest. I'm glad recovery is going well and know you'll be good as new very soon. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are on the mend. I hope you feel better and stronger every day! You have lots of sweet babies to love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're on the mend. Like your top 5!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're recovering - I can imagine it would be very much like a carousel! Your great grands are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to read things are going well with your recovery. What a joy to have great grand children! I chose carousel, too. Happy Leap Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such adorable babies! Lots of smiles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for no pain. Enjoyed your answers and praying your hip heals nicely

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.