Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Cluck, Clucking on the Hodgepodge

I realize I haven't posted anything for almost a month, so I think it might be time to make a reappearance.  Thanks for stopping by to see what is going on in my Hodgepodge life.

Thank you Joyce for giving us a few thoughtful things to direct our thinking again this week.


1.  July 6th is National Fried Chicken Day...are you a fan?  Do you make your own or have a favorite place to buy from?  Do you own chickens?  If not chicken what's your favorite fried food?

I used to be a huge fan and yes, I also used to make my own and was really good at it.  A sweet lady in South Louisiana taught me how to make the most delicious fried chicken in 1966, a year after we were married.  It became a family favorite and was the entrée for a meal once a week when the kids were at home.

We stopped frying food over 25 years ago, so its been many years since I actually had my good fried chicken.  I still do not eat fried foods, so have no favorite, and have never owned chickens.

2.  What's something you're chicken to try?


I'm not sure whether it's 'chicken' or common sense but since I don't swim, getting into the deep end of a pool is something that would require an action against my will.

3.  When did you last find yourself running around like a 'chicken with its head cut off'?

I have a feeling it is yet to come with this month's HOA Board dues report. We've changed management companies, and with it a whole new accounting system.  The next week will not be fun.

4.  Something you've done recently that makes you think 'I'm no spring chicken'?

Does getting out of bed count?  By the way, my doctor has decided my hip pain is coming from my back so I will have a spine injection tomorrow.  Not looking forward to that.

5.  'Winner winner chicken dinner'...tell us about something good that's happened in your life lately.

Where to start!  Life is good and I am grateful for every single day.  We had a great day of worship on Sunday.

We were with our Dallas family on Monday for the 4th, and loved seeing this precious little great grandboy.


And hopefully today, we will welcome our 2nd great grandboy into the world.  I hope to be able to share him with you next week, with parent's permission.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.


We saw the 3 hour movie, Elvis on Monday night.  Following is a quote from an interesting article on him and his life/music which were synonymous:  

"Elvis Presley’s life was defined by a very American set of contrasts. He was a fervent Protestant whose on-stage gyrations practically violated the Ten Commandments. He boosted Nixon’s War on Drugs and struggled with drug abuse. He was born in abject poverty and became one of the world’s most famous men. He lived to make music, and his tour schedule killed him."

It was an alright movie simply because of the Elvis portrayal by Austin Butler and the great music from my youth.  I did not like Tom Hank's acting at all and resent that the story is told from Colonel Parker's perspective.  Elvis's kind heart and giving spirit was slightly shown, but not emphasized as it could have been.  Basically, it was a sad story that will always be a sad story regardless of the perspective.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

7 comments:

  1. What a precious boy-child! Certainly, I've heard there's an Elvis movie - but little else, so I appreciate your insights. Yes, even with the occasional hiccups and hurdles, Life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to see that Elvis movie a little bit - not a ton of interest. Thanks for your take on it. Tom Hanks annoys me anyway. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can't wait to "meet" your second great grandboy! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, fried chicken can be great but definitely not healthy. Good luck with your report. Hope your spine injection goes well. I'm getting some knee gel injections right now. Your grand babies are all so precious and cute. Yes, I hear he does an amazing job at playing Elvis. The movie got a 15 minute standing ovation at a film festival. My dad had the Chicago Elvis fan club meet in his movie theater. We have a signed autographed photo from Elvis to my dad. He was also invited to his home but did not go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your new little great grand is here! I would like to see the Elvis movie. I've heard pretty good things about it, especially the actor who plays Elvis. I'm bobbing along here on my blog, keeping my head above water but that's about it. LIfe has been so full and busy and I think with the way the world feels right now I'm sharing a bit less. Can't wait to see your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 great grand boys! That's so wonderful and precious. We had a wonderful church service on Sunday, too. Hope your pain gets under control and that shot brings relief to you! Take care and enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your answers this week. We rarely eat fried food, but boy do I love some of it...lol.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.