Monday, October 26, 2020

A Wedding in a Cornfield

Yes, we had a wedding and I am so excited to share a few of the wonderful pictures that highlight that amazing day.  Let me first give credit to the photographer who was able to capture so much more than a wedding.  She found the heart of all those involved in this special day.  Her lens caught those special expressions that tell the story.  The laughter, a look, tender moments that may only be a flicker, were saved forever.


Earlier this year I did a blog post on Jackson and McKenna's Fairy Tale Love Story, and you may enjoy looking back at this sweet account.  A Fairy Tale Love Story

Cat wrote the following on her post:

At 12 years old, would you have known it if you met the man God created for you? I know I definitely wouldn’t have. I mean I probably would have thought I did, but McKenna, she KNEW she was going to marry Jackson. She told her mom she was going to marry him one day, and she was right! Jackson was best friends with her older brother Matt, so he was always over and McKenna always had the biggest crush on him. It wasn’t until McKenna got enough courage to ask him to her sorority’s formal that his feelings started to shift to more than his friends little sister. From that night on they talked on a deeper, more meaningful and spiritual level and it clicked that the person they were both meant to be with was right in front of their faces for years.

And when Jackson asked McKenna to share his last name in December of 2019, she shouted yes, a yes that was 11 years in the making. Their family celebrated them in a big way and the planning began! And it was a beautifully planned on a perfect October day in Goshen. I loved all the natural greenery with the pop of burgundy. I am so excited to share this day with you! There’s nothing more beautiful than experiencing two people so in love that nothing else in the world matters but being next to each other.


The greatest credit for this wonderful day, goes to the parents of Jackson and McKenna who did everything within their power to give them the wedding of their dreams.  Nothing was left undone or to chance, and in McKenna's own words, "It was everything I could have imagined and more!"



The engraved tie tac was Jackson's gift from McKenna

The diamond bracelet McKenna is wearing was her gift from her groom.


Best friends since 8th grade






The bridesmaid's dresses were chosen by each one of them based on their own personality and preference.  I love that idea!





This one-of-a-kind setting was at the Meadowbrook Farm in Goshen, Indiana, in the middle of cornfields.

As a Christmas gift, Jackson and McKenna honored Dick by giving him a leather bound journal.  On the first page, they asked if he would do the honor of performing their wedding.  He used the book in the ceremony.







Don't you love the expressions on their faces in this Mother/Son Dance?

The groom's parents owned the dance floor

The following snapshots were taken by various family members.




This couple is still very much in love after 55 years







I love this sassy picture of Michelle and isn't her dress gorgeous.


The Mother-of-Pearl handled cake knife and server were mine that I was thrilled McKenna wanted to use.






And this sweet couple was the reason for this memorable and perfect day.


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

3 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful and so many special touches to make it personal. You look gorgeous! Congratulations to the newlyweds! So nice to see life moving forward and important milestones celebrated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this post. What a lovely wedding and all the smiling faces were “icing on the cake.” You and Dick look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful post with a very sweet story leading up to the wedding day. I enjoyed all the photos so much. What a unique setting for the wedding!

    You and Dick make a handsome couple, too!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.