We are on the count down to Christmas 2015 but thanks to Joyce, we can divert our hustle and bustle into a fun time with the
We really don't have a particular story.
2. Are you afraid to speak your own opinion?
Unfortunately not! However, I do try to temper voicing my opinion in order to not hurt someone or cause greater confusion. I am not always successful, I fear.
3. Pantone has announced the color of the year for 2016, and for the first time have chosen two shades-rose quartz and serenity. Hmmm...did you know serenity was a color? You can read the thought behind their selection here, but essentially it's blending the warmth of rose quartz with the tranquility of a very soft shade of blue. So what do you think? Are these colors I'd find in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in these shades to either place in the new year?
I didn't know serenity was a color either, but I do think it is an appropriate name for this shade of blue. No, you won't find either of these colors in my home and other than one kinda sorta rose quartz tee-shirt, there is nothing in my closet. I am not likely to add these in the near future because first, it just won't fit in my house, and second, I don't wear pastels, especially blue and pink shades. See some more comments in my Random Thoughts below.
4. If you could be in a Christmas carol, which one would you choose? Why?
"Oh Little Town of Bethlehem." I can't imagine any more wonderful place than to have been in that little village on that special night. To have witnessed the chaos of so many people seeking a place to rest. To have been in that stable cave and witness the painful yet joy-full birth of our Savior. Then to be transported to the hillside with the frightened shepherds as the multiplied angels announced the holy birth and sang praises to God the King, and peace on earth to men who knew little of what that would mean. Yes, Bethlehem is where I would like to have been.
We still have our Bethlehem today where we are too busy to see the needs around us; frightened by the unknown; blinded by the chaos and pain, often of our own making, to experience the Prince of Peace. Let our prayer this year be to....
"Hear the Christmas angels the great glad tidings tell; O come to us, abide with us, Our Lord Immanuel!"
5. December 9th is National Pastry Day. Will you celebrate? When did you last purchase something from a bakery? What's your favorite treat that falls under the heading of pastry? Do you make it yourself or buy from the professionals?
I don't bake so no, won't be participating in that observance. The last thing I purchased from a bakery was a cake to share with our Prayer Group on my birthday - a Red Velvet. My all-time favorite is the Mardi Gras Ball made by a local restuarant called Rollin In The Dough. Small but so yummy!
6. When it comes to holiday decorating I have not done very much this year and don't plan to.
7. When did you last laugh so much it hurt? Explain.
On Thanksgiving evening, my daughter and two granddaughters played games for several hours. One of them was Apples to Apples and playing this with a nine year old was hilarious. Don't know when I've had so much fun.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Why did Pantone choose these shades? For their soothing qualities!
"Think of a trip to the beach under a calm Serenity blue sky that seems to go on forever. It seems weightless and airy imbuing you with a sense of care free feelings. Rose is a color that is almost always associated with a gentle, tactile touch. At the same time its warmth draws you in, so it is seen as compassionate and caring. There is also a healthy glow that is attached to the color. Together, they are perceived as soothing."
So, now you know!
|Top Ten Colors for 2016|
So, how can you incorporate these two colors into your wardrobe this winter and upcoming spring?
Wear each separately or combine. Mix them with one of the stronger colors for 2016.
Or, you may choose to use these soft, soothing colors in your home to create a relaxing ambiance.
And, if that doesn't work for you, you want to just color your hair.