Wednesday, December 2, 2015

It's Gonna Be a Bahama Christmas

I trust your Thanksgiving was as memorable and enjoyable as ours was.  Now, on to things of Christmas.
Join other bloggers HERE for our Wednesday gathering.
1. Did you watch The Charlie Brown Christmas special Monday night? Who's your favorite Peanuts character and why?

No, I didn't watch.  I much prefer football to cartoons.  My favorite character has to be Charlie Brown himself.

"Most psychiatrists agree that sitting in a pumpkin patch is excellent therapy for a troubled mind."~Linus  

Would you agree?
 
Sure, why not.  What more does a troubled mind have to do but sit and wait for something better.

2. Describe a sound from your childhood. What does this sound bring to mind? 


Music.  My dad loved pretty music and he often played records for us.  He also loved to sing and taught us to sing and play the piano from shaped notes hymnals.

3. You've won a trip to a winter wonderland...would that excite you? Which one of the following would you most want to experience (or which one would you dislike the least)-see the Aurora Borealis in Norway, stay in Sweden's Ice Hotel, go dogsledding in Lapland Finland, take a winter wildlife safari in Yellowstone or celebrate Winter Carnival in Quebec? 

Yes, I love winter and would enjoy all of these trips, but I think I will select the Winter Carnival in Quebec.

4. Who or what keeps you humble?
 
Myself!  If I ever think too highly of myself, I will invariably do something that brings me down a notch.  Without fail!

5. What part of preparing for Christmas do you like the most? Explain. 

I guess its the excitement of knowing we will be with family.  I really don't enjoy the decorating because we aren't here to enjoy it and dread getting back home and having to undo what we haven't enjoyed.  Make sense?

6. Gingerbread-yay or nay? Is making a gingerbread house part of your family holiday tradition?

I love gingerbread, but do not do the house thing.

7. What's one thing you want to start, do, or complete before the calendar rolls into a new year?

I would like to do one more painting before we head north.  I also NEED to replant my flower beds in the front yard, but the weather or time has not permitted that so far.

8.  Insert your own random thought here. 
I actually have two random thoughts.
1.  We loved being with our daughter and her family and in laws in Dallas for Thanksgiving.  It was a time of visiting, good food, loving on each other and playing games.  Yes, it was a great day of Thanksgiving. 
These two cousin cuties enjoyed being together and working on an art project.
 On Friday morning, our grandson's team played the MAC West Champion, Toledo University.  This was a huge game for them and guess what!  They won, knocking Toledo out of the title and opportunity to play for the MAC championship.

During half-time, the camera spanned and caught our family in the rainy stands.  We were ecstatic to see them on TV.  And we were thrilled every time the camera showed #65.
 2.  WE ARE GOING TO THE BAHAMAS FOR THE BAHAMA BOWL!
Grandson's football team, Western Michigan University has accepted an invitation to play against Middle Tennessee in this much coveted bowl game on December 24.  How could we not go for that?
The Bahamas slogan is “It’s Better in the Bahamas,” and bowl week in Nassau is just that with a mix of sun, sand and football in one of the most beautiful tourist destinations in the world.
The Popeyes Bahamas Bowl will be played at Noon ET, and will be televised on ESPN and broadcast on the Popeyes Bahamas Bowl Radio Network.
Geaux Broncos!
 
There will be lots to blog about when I get back!
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

7 comments:

  1. Christmas Eve football? Hmmm...not sure I knew there were bowl games on Christmas Eve, but at least it's the Bahamas : ) I love the candle centerpiece on your Thanksgiving Table. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Joyce...your Thanksgiving table is just beautiful! I can only imagine how excited you must be about your grandson and his team...how awesome! You sure have a gorgeous family, Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, now look at you! Hotty Totty!! I'm so happy for y'all and what a super great time you will have. When do y'all leave? Blessings abundant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your grandson's football team. Enjoy the Bahama Bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed this as always! I have to agree with the other ladies...the Thanksgiving table was lovely. I can just imagine the fun and excitement you all have with your football player! We'd be ecstatic too! So glad your getting to go to the game on Christmas Eve. A remember always memory for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful memory with your dad, the albums and his singing. Looks like it was a perfect Thanksgiving. What a nice blessing. How awesome to catch them on camera! Wow the Bahamas, how awesome is that.......enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.